The NBA Thread

Got the first two parts ready to go... I may not be all-in on the history of the Bulls, but a good doc is enough for me to give in. Also I remember as a kid suddenly tuning into basketball because of Michael Jordan. He became a hero of mine out of nowhere, had a massive poster of him on my bedroom door. I would try to watch those 90s Bulls games, but was nowhere near aware of it all at the age of...what...7? Still very excited to watch the doc.

Got the first two parts ready to go... I may not be all-in on the history of the Bulls, but a good doc is enough for me to give in. Also I remember as a kid suddenly tuning into basketball because of Michael Jordan. He became a hero of mine out of nowhere, had a massive poster of him on my bedroom door. I would try to watch those 90s Bulls games, but was nowhere near aware of it all at the age of...what...7? Still very excited to watch the doc.
It does a good job of show what a phenomenon the 90’s Jordan lead Bulls were. It was strange because The Bulls first 3 peat occurred when I was just old enough to really start enjoying sports and their run from took me through my sophomore year of high school so I just thought it was normal to have best player of all time on your favorite team and that you you always won. It shook me a bit when #45 Jordan and The Bulls lost to the Magic in the 1995 Eastern Conference Semis. Still they recovered and got back to the top of the mountain. It is striking now how quickly it all went away. Jordan retired, Phil, Pippen & Rodman all leave and just like that it was over. I am very happy I got to experience that magic as young kid but am sad that nothing sports related will likely ever reach those heights again.

Last edited:
I get that Steve Kerr is a thoughtful interview and a familiar face and everything, but Toni Kukoc should be pissed for his Last Dance stolen valor.
Did you watch the NBA TV Dream Team Doc a few years back? I don't think there's much love by Scottie and Michael for Kukoc. I think they thought of him as a Krause guy.

Did you watch the NBA TV Dream Team Doc a few years back? I don't think there's much love by Scottie and Michael for Kukoc. I think they thought of him as a Krause guy.
Yeah I'm sure the doc will go even further into how petty (and maybe xenophobic?) these dudes were. And I think Kukoc is still on Reinsdorf's payroll. But advanced stats have him as comfortably the third best player during the three peat years. Feels weird to ignore him.

Yeah I'm sure the doc will go even further into how petty (and maybe xenophobic?) these dudes were. And I think Kukoc is still on Reinsdorf's payroll. But advanced stats have him as comfortably the third best player during the three peat years. Feels weird to ignore him.
Ya go your Kukoc tonight. I thought he came off well.

Yeah I thought the segment suffered in the same way the whole series is:

• Scratches the surface on MJ maybe being flawed
  • Cut to fadeaway jumpers soundtracked by boom-bap hip hop instead of delving in further
  • Commercial
There is a lot you could pick apart about this doc if you wanted to, my assumption is if they were gonna get Jordan’s blessing and involvement they were gonna have to tread light in delving too deeply into critiquing MJ. I think the thing it does well it really exceeds at though. My two favorite moments beyond the Bulls Vs, Knicks coverage as all of those playoff series were amazing, was Jordan betting on tossing quarters against a wall before a game and Michael and Scottie cracking open some Miller Lite in the Trainers room while getting Iced after the game ended.

There is a lot you could pick apart about this doc if you wanted to, my assumption is if they were gonna get Jordan’s blessing and involvement they were gonna have to tread light in delving too deeply into critiquing MJ. I think the thing it does well it really exceeds at though. My two favorite moments beyond the Bulls Vs, Knicks coverage as all of those playoff series were amazing, was Jordan betting on tossing quarters against a wall before a game and Michael and Scottie cracking open some Miller Lite in the Trainers room while getting Iced after the game ended.
Yeah I'm sure Jordan got final approval and that's why at times it feels like an extended commercial for the Jordan brand, which is fine. I was just hoping for some new information instead of a straight retelling with some slice of life footage thrown in. I remember most of what's happening despite only being a basketball obsessed preteen at the time.

Yeah I'm sure Jordan got final approval and that's why at times it feels like an extended commercial for the Jordan brand, which is fine. I was just hoping for some new information instead of a straight retelling with some slice of life footage thrown in. I remember most of what's happening despite only being a basketball obsessed preteen at the time.
I was a bit older that you likely (graduated HS in 2000) but similarly basketball obsessed, (saved up 3 months worth of paper route money to be able to purchase a pair of Jordan 11’s back in Junior High) I am getting exactly what I was hoping for out of this, It’s like nostalgic comfort food. I am the kinda guy that will DVR and rewatch old Bulls games that air on NBA TV in the off season. Love me a good slice of nostalgia.

Back