The NBA Thread

Thank you for sharing, all. Very touching.

What a legacy. I've been thinking a lot about this. Because Kobe had a very very large blemish on his legacy. It would be disingenuous to avoid mentioning it. I believe her. This isn't a cancel situation though. I can believe her AND I can believe he knew he was wrong. And I do believe he learned from it and adjusted his life. He made huge impacts in his sport. But not just his sport. He was incredibly supportive of the WNBA and the USWNT. He wanted the world to be a better place for his daughters and for all women.

Thank you, Kobe, for showing up. RIP.

Last edited:
Truly crazy, awful news. I'll be at the Bucks game tomorrow, and know there'll be a weird vibe at the game. This is their first game since playing in Paris on Friday. Kobe was a huge mentor on Giannis who deleted all of his social media after hearing the news. Hes already a huge ball of emotion on the court, I can't imagine what he's gonna look like.

Thank you for sharing, all. Very touching.

What a legacy. I've been thinking a lot about this. Because Kobe had a very very large blemish on his legacy. It would be disingenuous to avoid mentioning it. I believe her. This isn't a cancel situation though. I can believe her AND I can believe he knew he was wrong. And I do believe he learned from it and adjusted his life. He made huge impacts in his sport. But not just his sport. He was incredibly supportive of the WNBA and the USWNT. He wanted the world to be a better place for his daughters and for all women.

Thank you, Kobe, for showing up. RIP.
This is a great perspective. People are messy, Kobe is more than just his worst moments. We can celebrate his life and the joy he brought many without ignoring the bad stuff.

Was able to go to a Bucks event last night for select season ticket holders. Had a great time. 12 players showed, so the whole squad minus Giannis', Korver and Sterling Brown. Got to bowl a frame with Middleton, and congratulate him on his 51 he dropped the night before. He got a strike as I guttered my first and knocked just 3 down after. Caught a couple of them outside leaving while my buddy was having a smoke, including the 🐐, Ersan, and got my girlfriend's jersey signed by her crush, DJ Wilson.....Thanasis Antetokounmpo was the most personable..can tell he's just happy to be with his bro and the team.

Was able to go to a Bucks event last night for select season ticket holders. Had a great time. 12 players showed, so the whole squad minus Giannis', Korver and Sterling Brown. Got to bowl a frame with Middleton, and congratulate him on his 51 he dropped the night before. He got a strike as I guttered my first and knocked just 3 down after. Caught a couple of them outside leaving while my buddy was having a smoke, including the 🐐, Ersan, and got my girlfriend's jersey signed by her crush, DJ Wilson.....Thanasis Antetokounmpo was the most personable..can tell he's just happy to be with his bro and the team.

I love seeing your smiling face, friend!

Interesting trade deadline. Although, I anticipate only three teams involved in these will have any playoff impact for the current season.

The Los Angeles Clippers acquiring Marcus Morris from NYK and Isaiah Thomas from WAS bolster their already ridiculously deep roster. I could easily see Morris earning minutes as a spot-up shooter (same with Thomas to a lesser extent), while providing more than adequate defense. I do think that trading Maurice Harkless away hurts...he's a solid defender, although an inconsistent scorer. Anyways, with two superstars and two star bench players with excellent role players filling out the roster (most of which can stretch the floor), this team is loaded.

The Miami Heat acquiring Andre Iguodala from MEM and extending with 2yr/$30M may be the player that ends up solidifying their defense come postseason time. However, he hasn't seen a single NBA minute this season so I'm certain that he is rusty for now, although the playoffs is where he dials up his play and his defense to another level. The contract extension was shocking, to say the least. I certainly would not want to play the Miami Heat in the postseason.

The Philadelphia 76ers acquiring both Alec Burks and Glen Robinson III from GSW seems like a desperation move to add more of a perimeter attack to their shooting woes. Burks and Robinson III have the shooting marks that they have (36% and 40% 3PT FG, respectively) being players on a team with no expectations. We shall see if PHI can integrate these two into their rotation, and if they can perform when needed. It's even worse when you look at their starting roster and see from watching their games, Al Horford has not been a good fit for them at all. Unsurpringly, they weren't able to deal him at the deadline...that 4yr/$109M contract will look awful in two years, if not already.

Last edited:
Oh, how could I forget? The Houston Rockets felt the need to get even SMALLER. Now that Clint Capela has been dealt to ATL (a good move for the Hawks, by the way), PJ Tucker is now their starting C.

I am pretty sure that PJ Tucker's body is going to be dust by the end of regular season. We will see him go up against Anthony Davis, Javale McGee and Dwight Howard tonight LOL GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

The Philadelphia 76ers acquiring both Alec Burks and Glen Robinson III from GSW seems like a desperation move to add more of a perimeter attack to their shooting woes. Burks and Robinson III have the shooting marks that they have (36% and 40% 3PT FG, respectively) being players on a team with no expectations. We shall see if PHI can integrate these two into their rotation, and if they can perform when needed. It's even worse when you look at their starting roster and see from watching their games, Al Horford has not been a good fit for them at all. Unsurpringly, they weren't able to deal him at the deadline...that 4yr/$109M contract will look awful in two years, if not already.
I like the deal enough. I'll gladly trade 3 2nd rounders (none of which were actually the sixers picks) for 2 guys that should be able to help this team.

Al being such a disappointment coupled with the way Butler is playing in Miami really hurts. Joel and Ben not playing to what they are capable hurts as well. Unless they can turn it around fast I dont think Brett Brown is the coach much longer.

I'll be at the game tonight tho, and thankfully they are a completely different team at home (22-2 at home vs a terrible 9-19 road record). I am low key most excited to check out Morant tonight tho

I like the deal enough. I'll gladly trade 3 2nd rounders (none of which were actually the sixers picks) for 2 guys that should be able to help this team.

Al being such a disappointment coupled with the way Butler is playing in Miami really hurts. Joel and Ben not playing to what they are capable hurts as well. Unless they can turn it around fast I dont think Brett Brown is the coach much longer.

I'll be at the game tonight tho, and thankfully they are a completely different team at home (22-2 at home vs a terrible 9-19 road record). I am low key most excited to check out Morant tonight tho
Now if you can just get the ball to Embiid down low so he stops taking jumpers ever time he touches the ball at the top of the key the Sixers would be set. That game last night had some brutal shooting.

Was just talking about the sixers home/away records at the game last night. The heat have a similar differential too, so moving up to that #4 spot seems pretty big if that's a first round matchup. 6-26 for Embiid last night was the killer, and whatever plan you guys had for Giannis' on Christmas seemed to fail this time around.

Next game Im at is the sixers again in a couple weeks!

Last edited:
Pumped for some Pat Connaughton dunk contest action tomorrow night! One thing I know is he asked Christian Yelich to come help out, so that'll be fun!
I am excited I love NBA All-Star Saturday Night more than the All-Star Game itself. Though I am excited this year by the rules changes hopefully it makes the game more interesting. The thing I am kinda bummed about is that D Rose pulled out of the Skills competition. Chicago woulda went nuts for his return. I also wish there was more people in the dunk contest 4 doesn’t seem like enough.

Last edited:
Back