The NBA Thread

Yeah, I think it came out to something like Herro, Jovic, 3 FR and some swaps. But a buddy of mine from Portland who hates Cronin told me that Dame was willing to stay at one point and Cronin has been acting out of emotion more than logic. I’m sure Jrue will get them something tho, dude is a baller
From what the Shams article said, after his agent made a big stink about Dame saying he wouldn't even show up to training camp unless he was traded to Miami, Dame went back to them recently and said if no trade was there, he'd show up and play at the start of the season. Cronin didn't want to bring all the media circus surrounding Dame into camp and was happy with the deal so they did it.

I'd much rather have the Milwaukee/Phoenix deal than what Miami was offering especially considering the roster construction. Herro would just be redundant and the trade market for Jrue is likely gonna net them much more than if they traded for Herro and tried to flip him.

I love Jrue. Hope he goes to a good situation and it's gonna be interesting to see where he ends up.

Because Riley has them all in the palm of his hand.
Dolphins kind of seem to have the same thing though. If South Floridians cared about professional baseball or hockey maybe I wouldn't notice it as much, but seems to be a job requirement from everything I see outta there.

Yeah, as a Miami fan I’ve gotten pretty sick of the mouthpiece media repeating the same lines. I’m pretty over the Dame trade and am ready to stop hearing the same bitching. However, I’d much rather be in Riley’s hands than most other guys.

Yeah, as a Miami fan I’ve gotten pretty sick of the mouthpiece media repeating the same lines. I’m pretty over the Dame trade and am ready to stop hearing the same bitching. However, I’d much rather be in Riley’s hands than most other guys.
hey! a reasonable miami fan! they do exist! 😁

as long as spo and riley are around, you guys will be fine. it's crazy how criminally underrated Spo is every single season.

hey! a reasonable miami fan! they do exist! 😁

as long as spo and riley are around, you guys will be fine. it's crazy how criminally underrated Spo is every single season.
Trust me, I’m in the minority. But exactly, team should be fun and have consistently over performed. I love Dame and it would have been awesome, but I’ll believe in those guys until I shouldn’t. Also, Bucks should be pretty fun to watch (and at least it wasn’t the Celtics)

It was weird to me how quickly the lawsuit was dismissed by the NBA community after it was filed. We had "Dwight to the Warriors" rumors all summer and this was never a discussion point. It's like people are just realizing how awful of a person he is now. Wild to me....
Oh no he's been awful/suspect/cringey/weird etc for a bit....This is just the first time I heard of the lawsuit and reading the transcripts/details are wild. Not to mention him now admitting they hooked up

Oh no he's been awful/suspect/cringey/weird etc for a bit....This is just the first time I heard of the lawsuit and reading the transcripts/details are wild. Not to mention him now admitting they hooked up
Yeah that's what I'm saying, the lawsuit was made public, and the general reaction from the community was "meh", and the story was quickly buried, if you brought it up in discussion it'd get dismissed, etc.

Honestly probably goes hand-in-hand with how complacent the league and community is with players committing sexual assault/domestic violence....bleh....

Honestly probably goes hand-in-hand with how complacent the league and community is with players committing sexual assault/domestic violence....bleh....
Hey, what a timely comment.

Yet another instance of Chuck being a gem of a human being and asking Adam Silver about this issue directly, on live TV. Terrible, awful, horrible answer from Silver. When you're asked what you're doing to prevent domestic violence, "That's not an area where we are looking to compete", should not be coming out of your mouth. You can see that slip and his inner PR person takes over, and he goes into backtracking mode almost immediately.

Back