The NBA Thread

I’m also just real sad about Mitch being out for the season. He was playing DPOY level basketball and a huge reason for a lot of our success on both sides of the ball. His offensive rebounding and defense was huge for us. Guy just can’t catch a break.
I didn’t realize he is out for the whole year. Bummer.

I didn’t realize he is out for the whole year. Bummer.
Had a fracture in his ankle and the report was out for 8 weeks or something. Then all of a sudden they applied for the disabled player exception. Probably part of why we wanted Precious thrown in the trade too

Really torn because I love IQ…but it seemed the price for OG was 3 1sts last year and then it became RJ (who has been frustratingly inconsistent), IQ and an early 2nd rounder…plus we still have all our firsts and then some to upgrade more of the roster. IQ was also probably never gonna start with Brunson here but also will want $25-30 mil a year this off-season and paying that for a bench guy on our team is a tough pill to swallow.

A player like OG is really what we need right now. A legit 3&D wing has been a need of ours for awhile. Somewhere Thibs’ hands are trembling with excitement.

Expect us to make some more moves to upgrade bench now to get a guy who can shot-create.
I saw somewhere that IQ was paying for the NYK's RJ sins no matter what either by being traded with his contract or not being paid at the end of the year. Should be a great fit with building around Barnes and maybe TOR can recoup something from RJ with their development and the Raptors State Media behind them hyping a Canadian. Shouldn't forgive Masai by not moving everyone at the deadline last year, but at this moment in time it's a decent return, but that's only because I'm high on IQ.

And the first thought I had after the trade was Thibs is going to play OG 40 minutes a night lol

I saw somewhere that IQ was paying for the NYK's RJ sins no matter what either by being traded with his contract or not being paid at the end of the year. Should be a great fit with building around Barnes and maybe TOR can recoup something from RJ with their development and the Raptors State Media behind them hyping a Canadian. Shouldn't forgive Masai by not moving everyone at the deadline last year, but at this moment in time it's a decent return, but that's only because I'm high on IQ.

And the first thought I had after the trade was Thibs is going to play OG 40 minutes a night lol
IQ was just in an unfortunate position of being in Brunson’s shadow essentially. It’s hard for us to start a backcourt of IQ and Brunson and Brunson is better right now. Glad IQ will likely get to play heavier minutes and start somewhere. Glad RJ got to go to Toronto too of all teams. Hoping it’s a win win trade. I’m really high on IQ and was bummed to see him go but knew it was kinda inevitable given the rest of our lineup

Hey, some other long-suffering Knicks fans!

My thoughts on the trade are that IQ, as much as I liked him, was never going to be here past this year. OG is a good fit and I think (hope?) this is a precursor to a big move, either at the deadline or in the offseason.

I refuse to watch this. As a Warriors fan, I could feel the game slipping away and Kerr was like a deer in the headlights, he had no answers. I'm the biggest Kerr defender but man, some of his decisions this season are mindboggling.

Everyone pointing to Wiggins but he was fine. The problem was CP3 and Klay.

Neither could stay in front of Mal, are too small for AG (see the kick out to Watson or the numeros feeds to AG down low) and we weren't guarding Paul.

And Klay is the one who refuses to acknowledge his decline. Contrast that with MPJ being fine with Watson closing (even if Klay is a HOF, MPJ is in his prime and has been very good this year).

Everyone pointing to Wiggins but he was fine. The problem was CP3 and Klay.

Neither could stay in front of Mal, are too small for AG (see the kick out to Watson or the numeros feeds to AG down low) and we weren't guarding Paul.

And Klay is the one who refuses to acknowledge his decline. Contrast that with MPJ being fine with Watson closing (even if Klay is a HOF, MPJ is in his prime and has been very good this year).
Kuminga needed to play 4th quarter minutes. I just hope we haven't lost him after he's seemed to have turned a corner this season.

Fingers crossed - I really like JK and think he has a bright future.
I like Kuminga a lot but believe that GSW should probably go all in while they can during Steph's last few prime years. It may not be this year, but a JK trade should be on the table if they think it improves the team for the next 3 years or so.

I like Kuminga a lot but believe that GSW should probably go all in while they can during Steph's last few prime years. It may not be this year, but a JK trade should be on the table if they think it improves the team for the next 3 years or so.

I was high on Podz, low on Kuminga coming out.

Yet the reason I was low on Kuminga was because he was so low IQ and raw and I didn't think the Warriors could have patience and develop him. It wasnt a Wiseman situation where I was convinced he was completely worthless.

Well now you are through the woods and Kuminga is a solid NBA player who is still growing. And Podz is better than he has any right to be as a rookie.

I'm not sure trading either of them at this point makes any sense because the problem is not them. It's that Dray has completely lost his marbles, Paul is finally washed and Klay's injuries have robbed him of his defensive capabilities and made him more streaky as a shooter.

They should have traded Dray this offseason. His value is now at an all-time low. And Kuminga + Paul doesn't land you anything that changes the equation. Unless you also include Podz... at which point you've traded two of your positive impact players and are still stuck with Dray's contract.

They def have to let Klay walk in the offseason though. And frankly, their new GM clearly knows how to draft, so if you can get a 1st for Dray... take it and run.

But at that point is Curry happy? Does he see that Wiggens + Podz + Kuminga + Looney (or Saric on an MLE) is a higher cieling starting lineup that also frees cash to chase other pieces? Probably not.

Back