The NBA Thread

Perhaps, though I think it needs to be looped into this trade otherwise I think there has to be a wait. I could see Philly, Brooklyn, Toronto, Minnesota or the Clippers being the team for him.
Philly makes the most sense. Brooklyn seems young and not ready to contend. Not really sure what Toronto is doing. Not sure what Assets Minnie has except Towns and they have no picks left after Rudy...you may be right about the trade though needing to wait.

Jrue is probably a good vet for now for Portland but doubt he'd want to stay there long as they are a rebuilding team.

Philly makes the most sense. Brooklyn seems young and not ready to contend. Not really sure what Toronto is doing. Not sure what Assets Minnie has except Towns and they have no picks left after Rudy...you may be right about the trade though needing to wait.

Jrue is probably a good vet for now for Portland but doubt he'd want to stay there long as they are a rebuilding team.
Agreed that Philly needs him and makes the most sense, those are just the ones I see trying to do it. If Portland hadn't gotten Ayton, Townes for Holiday would have made sense for both of them.

Miami fans are the losers I think haha. I think Riley is happy to go into the season with most of his team in tact from last year.
As a Miami fan, I feel like a loser. But this makes sense for Portland and I feel like there was a limit to what we could offer without fully selling off our future

I really like this move for the Blazers all things considered. Closer to getting something they needed, and getting rid of something that needed to go in Nurk. He's been awful the last couple years, just unplayable at times. Honestly think that was one of Dame's biggest misses, latching on to that guy. I don't know enough about Ayton, but hoping he can at least be a little better defensively. Watching Nurk get spun around time and time again is frustrating. I don't think this team will be any worse than they were last year, probably a lot better and younger. But once again too many guards, which is Blazers fashion.

After these last few years of one on one basketball, I'm ready to see some team basketball in Portland.

The question now is - where does Jrue go? Obvious destinations are Miami, LA, Philly. I'd love to see him somehow end up on the Warriors though.
Jrue is probably a better trade asset than Dame to be honest all things considered. Boston could be a dark horse trade target although not sure their future pick status. Knicks could be another potential destination. A Jrue and Brunson backcourt would be pretty rad. Not sure who Miami would give up for him that’s a positive asset? Don’t think Portland cares about their young players. Would Philly give up Maxey?

Jrue is probably a better trade asset than Dame to be honest all things considered. Boston could be a dark horse trade target although not sure their future pick status. Knicks could be another potential destination. A Jrue and Brunson backcourt would be pretty rad. Not sure who Miami would give up for him that’s a positive asset? Don’t think Portland cares about their young players. Would Philly give up Maxey?
Philly’s problem is that Maxey makes no sense for the Blazers presuming that their back court will be Scoot/Sharpe/Simons. They need young wings badly.

I doubt they trade Maxey for Jrue and both local beats I trust and nationals are saying they won't. It would likely have to involve LAC to move Harden and POR would get picks and maybe a big fat expiring contract in Tobias Harris. Or LAC could just go straight for Jrue if PG13 and Kawhi aren't dead set on playing with Harden.

I doubt they trade Maxey for Jrue and both local beats I trust and nationals are saying they won't. It would likely have to involve LAC to move Harden and POR would get picks and maybe a big fat expiring contract in Tobias Harris. Or LAC could just go straight for Jrue if PG13 and Kawhi aren't dead set on playing with Harden.
Yea --you obviously follow Philly closer than I do! A Jrue/Embiid duo could be nice although injuries could be rough... PG/Jrue/Kawhi would also be filthy but have even worse injury concerns.

It'll be interesting to see where Jrue ends up. I don't think Portland sends him to Miami even though that would also be a good fit.

Yea --you obviously follow Philly closer than I do! A Jrue/Embiid duo could be nice although injuries could be rough... PG/Jrue/Kawhi would also be filthy but have even worse injury concerns.

It'll be interesting to see where Jrue ends up. I don't think Portland sends him to Miami even though that would also be a good fit.
I also think Miami makes a lot of sense but I think Riley would OD from rage lines if he had to deal with Cronin after this

More I read about him, the more Cronin seems like a shithead (guess I’m biased tho)
He did what's best for their franchise it seems. We'll see how it plays out and what Jrue is traded for, but based on what everybody seemed to think Portland would get for Dame, I'd say they did much better than expected. They got off Nurk's contract and got Ayton instead who is young with lots of upside and fits with the players they have.

It was a much better trade than what Miami supposedly offered with a package built around Herro, who doesn't fit their team at all.

He did what's best for their franchise it seems. We'll see how it plays out and what Jrue is traded for, but based on what everybody seemed to think Portland would get for Dame, I'd say they did much better than expected. They got off Nurk's contract and got Ayton instead who is young with lots of upside and fits with the players they have.

It was a much better trade than what Miami supposedly offered with a package built around Herro, who doesn't fit their team at all.
Yeah, I think it came out to something like Herro, Jovic, 3 FR and some swaps. But a buddy of mine from Portland who hates Cronin told me that Dame was willing to stay at one point and Cronin has been acting out of emotion more than logic. I’m sure Jrue will get them something tho, dude is a baller

Back