The NBA Thread

how about Taytum!? Still on his Rookie contract (which has a 30% supermax rookie clause and player option for 2025) Are they gonna superdupermax him lol?!
They kinda have to now don’t they?

Don’t worry if it doesn’t pan out they can just unload all their bloated contracts to the Nets and rebuild off their lottery picks over the next decade.

So obviously the focal point of the trade was Dame to MIL......but is Nurkic really an upgrade over Ayton? I know Ayton's shown hesitance to really pound the boards, draw contact and get physical, but is Nurk really that much of an upgrade? Ayton doesn't seem all that different then when he was picked 1st overall.

Rest of the trade I understand.

So obviously the focal point of the trade was Dame to MIL......but is Nurkic really an upgrade over Ayton? I know Ayton's shown hesitance to be really pound the boards, throw down dunks and get physical, but is Nurk really that much of an upgrade?

Yeah I think the Suns got the worst of the deal. I don't think Portland will take any steps back if Ayton can release his potential in a new spot, and Jrue and Simons there.

Edit: forgot about Scoot!

Yeah I think the Suns got the worst of the deal. I don't think Portland will take any steps back if Ayton can release his potential in a new spot, and Jrue and Simons there.

Edit: forgot about Scoot!
Yeah Scoot and Ayton is a pretty solid young duo, on top of the pieces they already had like Simons. I don't really see Jrue playing on that roster, but he's one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and should be a valued trade piece.

Good job Blazers.

So obviously the focal point of the trade was Dame to MIL......but is Nurkic really an upgrade over Ayton? I know Ayton's shown hesitance to really pound the boards, draw contact and get physical, but is Nurk really that much of an upgrade? Ayton doesn't seem all that different then when he was picked 1st overall.

Nurkic's contract was an upgrade over Ayton's.

Yeah Scoot and Ayton is a pretty solid young duo, on top of the pieces they already had like Simons. I don't really see Jrue playing on that roster, but he's one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and should be a valued trade piece.

Good job Blazers.
I have to imagine that Jrue will be out the door somewhere for prospects and/or picks.

he's cheaper, you know what you're getting out of him most nights, doesn't seem to demand the ball on offense and he's not a malcontent (yet). i get why phoenix did it. ayton has a higher ceiling but don't see him ever reaching it in phoenix.

completely make sense to me. And Jrue will just get flipped for even more assets. Pretty solid move for the Blazers. They have a nice reset now as long as the coaching doesn't fuck it up.

Back