The NBA Thread

Just dropping in this thread for a second. Went to the ring presentation - banner raising - opening night Nuggets game this past Tuesday and have to say the game wasn’t nearly as close as the final score. After the first four minutes of the game it was obvious the Lakers just didn’t have the skill players to hang with the Nugs. As for the pro-Celtics post, the Nugs, who are the only NBA team to return the previous season’s 1-5, handled Dame pretty well last season. The snub of Jokic (Nuggets) in the league’s opening promotions of the upcoming NBA season only fuels this flyover town’s fire to repeat.
Back to the music.

Just dropping in this thread for a second. Went to the ring presentation - banner raising - opening night Nuggets game this past Tuesday and have to say the game wasn’t nearly as close as the final score. After the first four minutes of the game it was obvious the Lakers just didn’t have the skill players to hang with the Nugs. As for the pro-Celtics post, the Nugs, who are the only NBA team to return the previous season’s 1-5, handled Dame pretty well last season. The snub of Jokic (Nuggets) in the league’s opening promotions of the upcoming NBA season only fuels this flyover town’s fire to repeat.
Back to the music.
I don’t know why Jokic doesn’t do more commercials and media stuff. I think he’s hilarious. Stupid that the NBA left him out of the promos. I like the Nugs a lot and would be happy for them to win again unless they are playing my Knicks 😂

I don’t know why Jokic doesn’t do more commercials and media stuff. I think he’s hilarious. Stupid that the NBA left him out of the promos. I like the Nugs a lot and would be happy for them to win again unless they are playing my Knicks 😂
Mike, it’s a huge pleasure to be in the Nuggets market as we get to see more of his persona than just about everyone. He is hilarious without even trying and his dry wit is as accurate and timely as his uncanny passing ability. Good luck to your Knicks!

Mike, it’s a huge pleasure to be in the Nuggets market as we get to see more of his persona than just about everyone. He is hilarious without even trying and his dry wit is as accurate and timely as his uncanny passing ability. Good luck to your Knicks!
There was a video of him at a kids basketball camp where the kids were begging for him to dunk. Really made me laugh.

Reactions: OMC
There was a video of him at a kids basketball camp where the kids were begging for him to dunk. Really made me laugh.
And unlike another Denver athlete legend, Peyton Manning, Nikola isn’t throwing passes that knock the kids down! 😎

Anyone else watching this C’s/Sixers game? The NBA has a ref problem. These guys are gambling. I have zero doubt.
Problem is, it’s not limited to the NBA. Legalized gambling is a straight road to hell, imo.

The NBA will always have questions about integrity due to Tim Donaghy and the league's role in not cooperating with the FBI case

I have no issues with legalized gambling but I do have issues with how much it dominates the discussion in an extremely short amount of time. Gambling content is the worst content out there. It is very rare that a discussion about odds and props or whatever actually contributes to the analysis of the game and I find the few people that do it well in all sports only do it while doing a paid gambling app segment. Love a 30 second ad followed by a 2 minute disclaimer on the resources you can turn to if you're ruining your life.

@MikeH - are you excited to land OG?
Really torn because I love IQ…but it seemed the price for OG was 3 1sts last year and then it became RJ (who has been frustratingly inconsistent), IQ and an early 2nd rounder…plus we still have all our firsts and then some to upgrade more of the roster. IQ was also probably never gonna start with Brunson here but also will want $25-30 mil a year this off-season and paying that for a bench guy on our team is a tough pill to swallow.

A player like OG is really what we need right now. A legit 3&D wing has been a need of ours for awhile. Somewhere Thibs’ hands are trembling with excitement.

Expect us to make some more moves to upgrade bench now to get a guy who can shot-create.

Back