The NBA Thread

Basically

All the important check marks hit..

I root for Jimmy in most circumstances. But I don't know how anyone who hasn't watched this run can say the Nuggets aren't a likeable bunch who don't have their own version of selfless, Heat culture.

As a Jokic fan, I am happy for Jokic with a legacy partially cemented. But I'm happiest for Jamal. And our fans.

It's awesome that we held the Heat to under 100 in almost every game. All the Butler diehards at my favorite Chicago bar talked a lot of shit and then bought me a lot of booze... and then next thing I knew it was 2am.

It's okay, my boss is based out of Denver and is expecting me to be messy tomorrow.
I’m surprised your boss is expecting you to be at work today!

It always rubs me the wrong way when a team fights and claws their way to a championship, they bring out the trophy, then the decrepit owner is brought out and they hand it to him, as he holds it up like he accomplished something.

Damn rich people ruining everything.

Last edited:
So where all the Sixers fans in this thread at? Ya'll caused me to dip out of this thread for over a year because ya'll we're so insistent that Jokic didn't deserve MVP (twice). One such comment got like 10 likes.

And now this thread is silence as the guy is breaking Wilt records and putting up 30-20-10 in finals games.
This is pathetic. Touch grass, loser.

Crying about 6 likes from over a year ago says more about you than anyone posting here

Nobody is crying (that I know of). And frankly, you're the only one getting personal.

The reality is that most Sixers fans (regardless of here or on Redidit or Twitter) hadn't even really watched much of the Jokic because of the timezone difference and the conversations surrounding him showed it.

The problem in the playoffs in 20 and 21 was a) not having Jamal and b) not having any perimeter defense. Yet everyone acted like it was an inditement on Jokic (even though he had gotten farther than Embid ever has the one time he had a healthy roster).

But sure, talking a little bit of shit and joshing Sixers fans of their takes makes me a bad person I guess?

Last edited:
Nobody is crying (that I know of). And frankly, you're the only one getting personal.

The reality is that most Sixers fans (regardless of here or on Redidit or Twitter) hadn't even really watched much of the Jokic because of the timezone difference and the conversations surrounding him showed it.

The problem in the playoffs in 20 and 21 was a) not having Jamal and b) not having any perimeter defense. Yet everyone acted like it was an incitement on Jokic (even though he had gotten farther than Embid ever has the one time he had a healthy roster).

But sure, talking a little bit of shit and joshing Sixers fans of their takes makes me a bad person I guess?
The reality is that nuggets fans haven't really watched much of the nuggets because their owner hates them

Edit: their broadcast is pretty decent though

The reality is that nuggets fans haven't really watched much of the nuggets because their owner hates them

Edit: their broadcast is pretty decent though

Hates us so much he put together back to back championships in the NHL and NBA.

Comcast is trying to put regionals out of business and refuses to settle. Which is why it's now happening in other cities.

Luckily, piracy is easy in the modern age. As evidenced by the fact that the Nuggets subreddit has grown exponentially over the past 3 years and there being 750k people at the parade.

You're just bitter because your owner hired two incompetent GM's in a row and now Embid can't stay healthy and your stuck with a washed Harden because the Sixers chose a bunch of trash over Butler 😉

Last edited:
Alright I'm done with the shit talking. Philly fans can go back to booing their own players and crying about how Denver shouldn't be allowed sports teams because of the high altitude.

What are people's opinions on this Beal trade?

TBD.

Who knows how Beal will play on a legit title contender where he’s the third option and that’s a giant contract they have to figure out how to pay over the next few years but the West should remain competitive so it’s worth a shot I suppose.

I am more interested on whether NO can package Zion to Charlotte in an attempt to move up to the second pick overall so they can draft Scoot.

Alright I'm done with the shit talking. Philly fans can go back to booing their own players and crying about how Denver shouldn't be allowed sports teams because of the high altitude.

TBD.

Who knows how Beal will play on a legit title contender where he’s the third option and that’s a giant contract they have to figure out how to pay over the next few years but the West should remain competitive so it’s worth a shot I suppose.

I am more interested on whether NO can package Zion to Charlotte in an attempt to move up to the second pick overall so they can draft Scoot.
Without giving it a ton of thought, I don’t love it for the Suns - I don’t want to take shots from Booker or KD, and while having a 3rd scorer next to them will only spread the floor, Beal isn’t a great 3-pt shooter. Plus he doesn’t play defense and he’s often injured…Suns will have some financial and depth problems methinks.

I agree with the ambivalence about the Suns end of this. I don’t think they needed a 3rd scorer as much as they needed competent depth. Having 4 players put you above the luxury tax threshold is insane and limits you to minimum contracts.

Back