The NBA Thread

Before the season it was rumored that the Sixers were asking the Warriors for Wiggins, Wiseman, Moody, and Kuminga plus picks for Simmons. At this point I don't think I'd trade any of the players straight up for him! Kuminga is going to be a stud, and Moody looks like he can be a very good player, too. Here's hoping Wiseman comes back soon and gives some quality minutes.

Before the season it was rumored that the Sixers were asking the Warriors for Wiggins, Wiseman, Moody, and Kuminga plus picks for Simmons. At this point I don't think I'd trade any of the players straight up for him! Kuminga is going to be a stud, and Moody looks like he can be a very good player, too. Here's hoping Wiseman comes back soon and gives some quality minutes.
I'm sorry but Wiseman has a long way to go to be even just a below average player. He's in conversation for worst players in the league when he's played. On top of him being injured there's no reason for any team to trade anything of value for him. Making any kind of jump to being a contributing rotation player on a contending team during curry's prime would be unprecedented.

A second round selection, Eric "5 for 16" Bledsoe, and a few non-impact players

Emptying the fridge to drown myself rn
Cov and Norm are perfect players for the clips when PG13 and Kawhi are back. At least it's Detroit's 2nd. I'm not sure what picks LAC can trade but if they could have gotten LAC's 1st next year that would have worked. I doubt LAC would have agreed to it for this year's 1st.

I'm sorry but Wiseman has a long way to go to be even just a below average player. He's in conversation for worst players in the league when he's played. On top of him being injured there's no reason for any team to trade anything of value for him. Making any kind of jump to being a contributing rotation player on a contending team during curry's prime would be unprecedented.
You're entitled to that opinion (and there are plenty of Warrior fans who would agree with you) but if I had to put money on him being a bust or being a serviceable center in the Warriors system I'd go with the latter. He has a ton of skill and a great NBA body, he just needs to get healthy and get some time on the court. The kid played what, 3 games in college? He'll be alright.

Damn has Ayo been quite the treat to watch this year! Can't believe Bulls snagged this guy in the second round. Feel like a lot of teams might end up pretty upset at passing on him. Where you think he would go right now in a redraft?

Last edited:
You're entitled to that opinion (and there are plenty of Warrior fans who would agree with you) but if I had to put money on him being a bust or being a serviceable center in the Warriors system I'd go with the latter. He has a ton of skill and a great NBA body, he just needs to get healthy and get some time on the court. The kid played what, 3 games in college? He'll be alright.
Hey I never fault fans for being positive about the players on the team they root for. Just that everything publicly out there about player development at this moment doesn't suggest Wiseman will be any good.

Cole Anthony is a pretty good example of a player who took a gigantic leap from last year though. But I believe it's usually pretty apparent when big men will be any good early as opposed to guards where it might take a while.

If I were Bob Myers, I would be in ultimate win-now mode, but that's not GSW fans jobs to be concerned about. I am worried that sometimes that front office makes decisions, at the owner's behest, to not be made fun of about the"light years ahead" article and they fall into a sunk cost fallacy. But that matters a million times less when you already have a top 5 player.

Damn has Ayo been quite the treat to watch this year! Can't believe Bulls snagged this guy in the second round. Feel like a lot of teams might end up pretty upset at passing on him. Where you think he would go right now in a redraft?

Yeah, it’s been fun to watch a former Illini play so well in NBA and then to have it be for The Bulls is icing on the cake.

Blazers shedding contracts and going full rebuild, but it was necessary. This team was going nowhere with 4 guards that basically can't play defense.
Yea tru. The rebuild was needed just not sure who they're planning to build around once Dame leaves in disgust lol

Blazers shedding contracts and going full rebuild, but it was necessary. This team was going nowhere with 4 guards that basically can't play defense.
Two years too late.

Still snakebitten for a difference-making forward, and an offensive scheme with cutters to the rim.

Back