The NBA Thread

]pp ķthey got rid of Sabonis...and Holiday!?
good trade for the pacers...they got hali + probably keeping turner now since he'll be happy to have a guy like Hali + he doesn't have to take a backseat to Sabonis. potentially quick retooling.

No clue what the Kings are thinking...Sabonis works best with shooters around him...Kings only have Holiday and Barnes shooting above league average from 3. Sabonis and Fox both work best with the ball in their hands, so I just don't see the fit between them either. And Sabonis and Holmes make no sense together.

I kinda think Fox might be the worst of their three PGs...and definitely on the worst contract. yet they traded their best trade chip for a piece that doesn't really fit and isn't good enough to build around.

good trade for the pacers...they got hali + probably keeping turner now since he'll be happy to have a guy like Hali + he doesn't have to take a backseat to Sabonis. potentially quick retooling.

No clue what the Kings are thinking...Sabonis works best with shooters around him...Kings only have Holiday and Barnes shooting above league average from 3. Sabonis and Fox both work best with the ball in their hands, so I just don't see the fit between them either. And Sabonis and Holmes make no sense together.

I kinda think Fox might be the worst of their three PGs...and definitely on the worst contract. yet they traded their best trade chip for a piece that doesn't really fit and isn't good enough to build around.
Absolutely but at the same time I also don't know what the Pacers think that they're going to do building around Turner if we're being completely honest. I think this was more confusing the Portland trade on both parts I also think this is going to hinder sabonis who should be thriving in a better Market

I think they were gonna trade Sabonis or Turner. Makes no sense to trade Turner now.
Clean house! But yeah..it was just what I was waiting to hear. I think Lopez is pretty much done for as he was already slow before having back surgery. Well see though. He may be attempting to get back soon.

Both Sabonis and Fox are poor defenders; terrible fit. Adding insult to injury, Sabonis definitely walks after his contract is up, zero chance of staying put in SAC.

I don't understand why SAC would make a "win now" trade.

I think this was more confusing the Portland trade on both parts
See, SAC took all of the trade talk heat off of us! Wait, I mentioned it again just now. Look over there!

*throws smoke bomb and flees*

Absolutely but at the same time I also don't know what the Pacers think that they're going to do building around Turner if we're being completely honest. I think this was more confusing the Portland trade on both parts I also think this is going to hinder sabonis who should be thriving in a better Market
Portland is trying to create cap space for whatever reason. Their GM came out the other day and said he doesn't want to rebuild and wants to do a quick "retool". They like Simons so Norm was expendable, probably want to keep Dame and add some pieces this offseason. I don't think it's particularly smart but...they really should have traded CJ sooner.

As for the Pacers, they aren't really building around Turner. But he's a nice piece to have. They have a lot of flexibility too to keep selling, or stay put and see what they can do. Their lineup is gonna be Brogdon, Hali, Duarte, Isaiah Jackson, Turner. If they upgrade PF, they have a pretty decent team. Good mix of playmaking and shooting. They are still left with a bunch of potential moves for younger players...can trade Brogdon (let Hali play PG), or move Hield, or even Turner if they want to or think he'll walk in FA...They aren't world beaters at all, but I also don't think Sabonis is somebody you can really build a team around and expect to be a playoff team. Was smart to get off his contract while they can.

And like @Rip_City said, i'd be really surprised if Sabonis stays in Sac when his contract is up unless they really overpay him.

I do feel bad for Hali though. The kid and his agent purposefully seemed to get him to drop out of the top 10 because he really wanted to be in Sacramento for whatever reason. Then they ship him off the first chance they get.

Clean house! But yeah..it was just what I was waiting to hear. I think Lopez is pretty much done for as he was already slow before having back surgery. Well see though. He may be attempting to get back soon.
I don't know that they are in any rush to help the defending champs (in their own conference) out. Y'all want Nerlens Noel though?? When he's not injured he can protect the paint. Just don't expect him to ever catch a ball on offense and you'll be pleasantly surprised!

I don't know that they are in any rush to help the defending champs (in their own conference) out. Y'all want Nerlens Noel though?? When he's not injured he can protect the paint. Just don't expect him to ever catch a ball on offense and you'll be pleasantly surprised!
Hey, we did get Bobby Portis to turn his game around from the Knicks, so maybe!

4 team trade which has Serge in Milwaukee, DiVincenzo in Sac town, Bagley to Detroit, and more
Sacramento will also acquire Josh Jackson and Trey Lyles from the Pistons

Clippers will receive Semi Ojeleye and Rodney Hood from the Bucks

Back