The NBA Thread

Two years too late.

Still snakebitten for a difference-making forward, and an offensive scheme with cutters to the rim.
Honestly with Stotts we were one of the statistically better offensive teams, but having a game plan better than give it to Dame in the playoffs and chuck up bad shots would've been nice. But the biggest issue is still constantly drafting and picking up poor defensive players. We are so stinking bad defensively, which creates any chance of having a fast break. We had athletic players that couldn't take advantage of it.

I don't think he's going anywhere, I think he may be in the know on these moves.
I wouldn't be surprised, but generally any place outside of LA, NY, or Miami has to use cap space to acquire more assets as opposed to signing premium free agents. I'm interested to see how long he'd be willing to put up with a rebuild.

I wouldn't be surprised, but generally any place outside of LA, NY, or Miami has to use cap space to acquire more assets as opposed to signing premium free agents. I'm interested to see how long he'd be willing to put up with a rebuild.
I agree. I think the offseason will tell his future. I really think the CJ for Ben Simmons trade made the most sense for Portland. A big that is an excellent defender, could bring the ball up, run the fast break, and take some leadership from Dame. I like Dame a lot, but let's not forget what his play dictates for the rest of the team. So much standing around waiting for him to get his shot. I'd love to see him move off the ball a lot more, create space for teammates. Every shot this team takes is contested because they run that offense.

Last edited:
I feel bad for the fans but The Kings just rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic every few years will never stop being funny.

I agree. I think the offseason will be tell his future. I really think the CJ for Ben Simmons trade made the most sense for Portland. A big that is an excellent defender, could bring the ball up, run the fast break, and take some leadership from Dame. I like Dame a lot, but let's not forget what his play dictates for the rest of the team. So much standing around waiting for him to get his shot. I'd love to see him move off the ball a lot more, create space for teammates. Every shot this team takes is contested because they run that offense.
I think it made sense for the blazers but I just don't think the sixers gm was that interested.

However, can I interest the city of Portland in Tobias Harris, a lightly protected (top 3-5) 1st rd pick, and a young player (Paul Reed, Isaiah Joe, Jaden Springer) for basically nothing like a highly protected 2nd?

I feel bad for the fans but The Kings just rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic every few years will never stop being funny.

I think it made sense for the blazers but I just don't think the sixers gm was that interested.

However, can I interest the city of Portland in Tobias Harris, a lightly protected (top 3-5) 1st rd pick, and a young player (Paul Reed, Isaiah Joe, Jaden Springer) for basically nothing like a highly protected 2nd?
Woj says the NBA was shocked that Hali was traded. I also firmly believe that the Kings traded their best PG and asset...insane. Also, the other winner in this trade is Myles Turner potentially. Doesn't have to be backseat to Sabonis and gets to play with Hali now.

also agree that Philly had no interest in a trade, especially if Fox was offered. Only fans think that Fox is good....I highly doubt that any GM is looking at Fox and wants to trade anything remotely valuable for him. I know as soon as I say that, the Knicks will probably trade for him.....but....I'm really low on him.

It's funny, the Sixers are my favorite team before the Blazers but I haven't paid much attention to them this year. With the Blazers sucking, it's kind of soured me to paying as much attention as I usually do. Anyway, is Tobias not looking great? I know that contract was a bit much when originally signed and probably isn't getting better, but he can do some things right?

Woj says the NBA was shocked that Hali was traded. I also firmly believe that the Kings traded their best PG and asset...insane. Also, the other winner in this trade is Myles Turner potentially. Doesn't have to be backseat to Sabonis and gets to play with Hali now.

also agree that Philly had no interest in a trade, especially if Fox was offered. Only fans think that Fox is good....I highly doubt that any GM is looking at Fox and wants to trade anything remotely valuable for him. I know as soon as I say that, the Knicks will probably trade for him.....but....I'm really low on him.
I'm higher on Fox than you, just not for the sixers. I think scoring guards who don't do much else can be valuable on teams with good supporting players and can look really bad when that's not the case. Maxey has played well and their skillset overlaps too much for what fox's contract is. Would have preferred a package around Hali, Hield to match salary and picks if a Kings trade were to materialize.

It's funny, the Sixers are my favorite team before the Blazers but I haven't paid much attention to them this year. With the Blazers sucking, it's kind of soured me to paying as much attention as I usually do. Anyway, is Tobias not looking great? I know that contract was a bit much when originally signed and probably isn't getting better, but he can do some things right?
Harris is fine and has been playing at his normal sub all star level since the new calendar year. His contract makes things difficult for the sixers to make any kind of roster manuevers and if they were to offload him at the deadline I think they could sign Harden outright in the summer which would put pressure on Brooklyn to do a trade or sign and trade for Simmons.

Edit: funnily enough, Harris and CJ are the only players in the league to average 18+ ppg for 5 consecutive seasons with no all star appearances

Last edited:
I'm higher on Fox than you, just not for the sixers. I think scoring guards who don't do much else can be valuable on teams with good supporting players and can look really bad when that's not the case. Maxey has played well and their skillset overlaps too much for what fox's contract is. Would have preferred a package around Hali, Hield to match salary and picks if a Kings trade were to materialize.
I just don't see it with Fox. He's fast and can get into the paint, but outside of that, I just don't see anything that shows he is a max player who puts up real stats. inefficient, not a good passer (dead last among ALL PGs in usage: assist ratio) and simply doesn't make his teammates better. bad defender as well.

I'm only really a basketball fan, and a Knicks fan at that. My permanent fan state is "hopeful, then bummed"
I bet thibs thinks the only thing standing between the 5 seed and clawing his way into the play-in is not having two players average 40 minutes per game this year.

Harris is fine and has been playing at his normal sub all star level since the new calendar year. His contract makes things difficult for the sixers to make any kind of roster manuevers and if they were to offload him at the deadline I think they could sign Harden outright in the summer which would put pressure on Brooklyn to do a trade or sign and trade for Simmons.

Edit: funnily enough, Harris and CJ are the only players in the league to average 18+ ppg for 5 consecutive seasons with no all star appearances
Yeah, they seem very similar in their status. Nice players, but when we already have 3 other guards that do the same thing CJ isn't really needed. It might not have been a bad trade for both teams.

I bet thibs thinks the only thing standing between the 5 seed and clawing his way into the play-in is not having two players average 40 minutes per game this year.
uh we were the 4 seed last season thank you very much!

i also think the FO is making him play Kemba to try to get any kind of trade value out of him...

we just sorely need an actual PG. You know it's bad when Burks has to play heavy minutes at point...also not sure what has been going on with Randle effort-wise this year. gotta be something happening behind the scenes because he just has been a shell of himself. even his first season in NY when he sucked he played with effort. this season has been an insane turnaround. i figured his shooting numbers would go down and were unsustainable but didn't see the lack of effort coming...

Back