The NBA Thread

I also love how the young guys seem to have bought in and are fine playing in Santa Cruz then coming up to maybe get a few minutes a game every couple of games.
Absolutely. I believe Poole credits the big leap he took last year to getting his reps in, in the G-League. It also helps that it's only about a 90 minute drive from Chase Center, it's super easy for the guys to go down for a game or two, and be back for practice.

Those teams with G-league affiliates in different states should really take note, it seems like having that asset close by is huge (off the top of my head Raptors and Bucks both have there's in their city).

Thank you for getting vaxxed Wiggs, the redemption tour is back on.

He'll be such a great 3rd option once Klay comes back.

Good game yesterday but I think Wiggins has gone from terrible and maybe the worst contract in the league to just a standard below average player with a bad contract. but with how Steph is playing, all Wiggins has to do is keep them afloat while Steph is on the bench.

Good game yesterday but I think Wiggins has gone from terrible and maybe the worst contract in the league to just a standard below average player with a bad contract. but with how Steph is playing, all Wiggins has to do is keep them afloat while Steph is on the bench.
You'll get no arguments from me about his contract, after John Wall it's probably the worst in the league. But i definitely think he's an above average player. He's a very capable wing defender who can take on the opposing teams top wing, a very solid scorer who you can get you a bucket anytime, and now he's showing more agressiveness around the rim. I wish he ht the 3 more consistently and looked for that more than the contested 2, but what are you gonna do.

I think he really shines as a 3rd, or even 4th option. He'll get you a bucket when you need one, and in the meantime just be a really solid player in the system. And he's shown he really gets our system. I'm a Wiggins believer.

You'll get no arguments from me about his contract, after John Wall it's probably the worst in the league. But i definitely think he's an above average player. He's a very capable wing defender who can take on the opposing teams top wing, a very solid scorer who you can get you a bucket anytime, and now he's showing more agressiveness around the rim. I wish he ht the 3 more consistently and looked for that more than the contested 2, but what are you gonna do.

I think he really shines as a 3rd, or even 4th option. He'll get you a bucket when you need one, and in the meantime just be a really solid player in the system. And he's shown he really gets our system. I'm a Wiggins believer.
I'd take Wiggins over Porzingis and maybe even Russ at this point contract-wise...Wiggins' contract is bad but at least he's somewhat productive.

I'd take Wiggins over Porzingis and maybe even Russ at this point contract-wise...Wiggins' contract is bad but at least he's somewhat productive.
Definitely. And even though Wiggins is paid the max, he knows his role, he knows he's not the star. You can't say the same with the other two. It's frustrating how many bad shots KP gets in the post.

Definitely. And even though Wiggins is paid the max, he knows his role, he knows he's not the star. You can't say the same with the other two. It's frustrating how many bad shots KP gets in the post.
I'm so happy that the Knicks had a bit of foresight to trade KP. I can't imagine how different our team would look if we still had him on the books.

I’ll come out and say it - I like Wiggins and think he’s a perfect fit for the Warriors. When Klay comes back we’ll need him to defend the players Klay normally did, at least for the rest of this season.

Thibs is gonna get fined for his post game comments but he was right— the reffing in the Knicks nets game was atrocious. 25 FT to 12 and Julius was driving all night and not getting calls when there was clearly contact. Lots of missed calls too like that very obvious Harden travel near the end. Frustrating loss…

What are your thoughts on what Portland should do, i.e. roster/trades?
The way it looks right now, the team is unintentionally tanking. On paper, the talent is/was there for another low seeded playoff appearance but health thrown a wrench into our hopes, and the current L7 (L5 home) streak has things looking bleak.

I think this team should have rebuilt/reloaded when CJ was on a high back during that WCF year and could be traded for a load. Far too late now, but the first step starts with him being offloaded for whatever SF/PF difference-maker they can grab. Maybe some team still thinks he is an offensive 2 to make them into a bigger postseason player and will trade accordingly (Hornets might think he pairs well with LaMelo, Pacers might think he pairs with the bigs, maybe the Heat think pairing him with Bam and Butler is too enticing so they trade Lowry, maybe the Pelicans want to work him in to pair with Zion and Ingram). Not sure there. I still suspect that most teams are understanding now that he is an offensive flash in the pan and a clear defensive liability to which point a salary match is the best that POR can do.

Jusuf Nurkic is an interesting case. Every playoff hopeful looking for depth at C would be immediate suitors. Maybe we will see what plays out with the DeAndre Ayton situation (long shot, I know).

Outside of Damian Lillard, not sure the rest of the team has much value in trading scenarios.

Back