The NBA Thread

Meanwhile the Lakers are looking like hot dookie! LOVE TO SEE IT

Bad execution, washed up former stars with hundreds of miles of tread (with LeBron showing decline), turnovers, getting lost on defense from teams with dynamic ball movement, and poor lineups. It's a hard fix without dumping half the team at the deadline...something we have seen from LeBron-led squads in the past few years.

and the man, the myth, the legend....MOOOOOOO BAMBAAAAAAA

but yea we suck. It's going to take some years to get back into the swing of things but I like our youngins
if Isaac could stay healthy, they would be in a much better position.

Cole seems hit or miss. Bamba didn't look that awful in the first Knicks matchup I saw this season (I didn't see season 2). I also like how Clyde Frazier had no clue that there were 2 different Wagners on your team when he was calling the game for us.

Bulls defense and chemistry were my concerns. Also Billy Donovan. I still think their season can go either way. I do think the Knicks would beat them in a 7 game series though if both teams were healthy.
Being able to consistently score should get them into the playoffs they are gonna have to figure out Defense if they want a a legit shot at a title.

Speaking of The Bulls. I’ve enjoyed the love they’ve shown Joakim this week.

Those Bulls teams from 10 or 12 years ago were contender but couldn’t get beyond Lebron in his prime. Probably similar to those 90s Knicks teams with the MJ lead Bulls in that regard.

Being able to consistently score should get them into the playoffs they are gonna have to figure out Defense if they want a a legit shot at a title.

Speaking of The Bulls. I’ve enjoyed the love they’ve shown Joakim this week.

Those Bulls teams from 10 or 12 years ago were contender but couldn’t get beyond Lebron in his prime. Probably similar to those 90s Knicks teams with the MJ lead Bulls in that regard.

I'm a Knicks fan. We don't talk about Joakim around these parts...

He's one of my biggest disappointments in the past few years as a Knicks fan. I was a huge fan of his and was excited we signed him (not excited about the contract we signed him to though). Then he came here and was a complete bum who partied instead of repping his city. Still paying him this season. Fuck. haha

I did love those Bulls teams and so badly wanted them to beat Bron and win a chip. Such a likeable team with how hard they fought every night. Couldn't get past Bron and couldn't get past injuries. Healthy DRose is still one of the bigger what-ifs in the modern NBA for me. He was so fun to watch and if he stayed healthy, I think things would have been real different in the NBA landscape for those years.

Early season surprises that can probably be explained by 3P% Variance.

Top four teams in OFFRTG are 1. Philly (115.8) 2. Miami (114.3) 3. Charlotte (114.1) and 4. NYK (113.5)
Top four teams in 3P% are 1. Charlotte (41.1%) 2. NYK (40.8%) 3. Chicago (38.8%) and 4. Philly (38.1%)

Top four teams in DEFRTG are 1. Miami (97.9) 2. GSW (98.7) 3. Denver (98.8) and 4. Utah (99.7)
Top four teams in OPP 3P% are 1. Utah (26.7%) 2. Washington (29.6%) 3. Minnesota (29.9%) and 4. GSW (30.5%)

For reference:
Average OFFRTG this year is only 107.0 after being 110.4 or above the last 3 years.
Average 3P% this year is only 34.2% after being 35.5% or above the last 3 years

Philly, Charlotte, and the Knicks are due for offensive regression
Utah and GSW are due for defensive regression
Miami is 7th in 3P% and 5th OPP 3P% so are likely due for some regression on both sides
Utah is 5th in OFFRTG but slightly below average in 3P%. I haven't watched them so I'm not sure how their offense is so good right now.
Chicago is currently 4th in NETRTG (8.7) so that will likely go down as their 3P% stabilizes

If anyone wants to see some uber salty Heat fans, check out the team subreddit right now.

Victim complex out of control lmao.

If anyone wants to see some uber salty Heat fans, check out the team subreddit right now.

Victim complex out of control lmao.
I mean what Morris did certainly instigated the issue and was unnecessary. But full force shoving somebody in the back who's not aware is just dangerous given the size and force of these players. Jokic definitely getting suspended

I mean what Morris did certainly instigated the issue and was unnecessary. But full force shoving somebody in the back who's not aware is just dangerous given the size and force of these players. Jokic definitely getting suspended
I think it's incredibly unfair to place blame on Jokic. Yes he did a two hand shove, and was ejected for it like anybody else would. But you can't have the 10th guy on the bench taking frustration cheap shots on the reigning MVP when you're down by double digits. Even worse since the Morris twins have countless instances of acting petty on court. Markieff was fully aware of what he was doing, and managed to take the MVP out of the game. You really miss the days of Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry taking out other teams star players singlehandedly? These are just players held to different standards and it makes me irritated.

Now you have Heat fans acting the victim "Oh poor us, we were just trying to play basketball and the big bad tall man pushed us down". The team tried going to the locker room to confront Jokic? The victim mentality going on in Heat fans minds in insane right now. it's like they miss the Big 3 days when they were "the villain" and are really desperate to get back. One of the most upvoted threads says literally that. Another one is trying to use examples of Jokic's brothers legal problems back in Serbia to paint Jokic out to be some bully. Heat fans are such trash.

Oh and now Markieff is trying to play the victim on twitter. Fuck that guy and his brother.

Last edited:
I think it's incredibly unfair to place blame on Jokic. Yes he did a two hand shove, and was ejected for it like anybody else would. But you can't have the 10th guy on the bench taking frustration cheap shots on the reigning MVP when you're down by double digits. Even worse since the Morris twins have countless instances of acting petty on court. Markieff was fully aware of what he was doing, and managed to take the MVP out of the game. You really miss the days of Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry taking out other teams star players singlehandedly? These are just players held to different standards and it makes me irritated.

Now you have Heat fans acting the victim "Oh poor us, we were just trying to play basketball and the big bad tall man pushed us down". The team tried going to the locker room to confront Jokic? The victim mentality going on in Heat fans minds in insane right now. it's like they miss the Big 3 days when they were "the villain" and are really desperate to get back. One of the most upvoted threads says literally that. Another one is trying to use examples of Jokic's brothers legal problems back in Serbia to paint Jokic out to be some bully. Heat fans are such trash.

Oh and now Markieff is trying to play the victim on twitter. Fuck that guy and his brother.
Back in the day you’d get Charles Oakley or Bill Cartwright or Bill Laimbeer to fight that fight for your star player but sadly modern NBA has relegated enforcers out of the league for the most part.

Back