The NBA Thread

Back in the day you’d get Charles Oakley or Bill Cartwright or Bill Laimbeer to fight that fight for your star player but sadly modern NBA has relegated enforcers out of the league for the most part.
But ejections due to fighting was far less common in the 90's, no? This reminds me more of Robert Horry hip checking Nash into the scorers table; just send your bum roleplayer to take out the opposing teams star. 1 for 1 trade right? /s

But really its the Heat sub that I'm, finding both hilarious and infuriating. Can't seem to peel my eyes away.

I think it's incredibly unfair to place blame on Jokic. Yes he did a two hand shove, and was ejected for it like anybody else would. But you can't have the 10th guy on the bench taking frustration cheap shots on the reigning MVP when you're down by double digits. Even worse since the Morris twins have countless instances of acting petty on court. Markieff was fully aware of what he was doing, and managed to take the MVP out of the game. You really miss the days of Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry taking out other teams star players singlehandedly? These are just players held to different standards and it makes me irritated.

Now you have Heat fans acting the victim "Oh poor us, we were just trying to play basketball and the big bad tall man pushed us down". The team tried going to the locker room to confront Jokic? The victim mentality going on in Heat fans minds in insane right now. it's like they miss the Big 3 days when they were "the villain" and are really desperate to get back. One of the most upvoted threads says literally that. Another one is trying to use examples of Jokic's brothers legal problems back in Serbia to paint Jokic out to be some bully. Heat fans are such trash.

Oh and now Markieff is trying to play the victim on twitter. Fuck that guy and his brother.
Jokic deserves a suspension. I'd argue more than one game.

But there isn't a more deranged fanbase than Heat fans. Maybe Raptors fans...

But ejections due to fighting was far less common in the 90's, no? This reminds me more of Robert Horry hip checking Nash into the scorers table; just send your bum roleplayer to take out the opposing teams star. 1 for 1 trade right? /s

But really its the Heat sub that I'm, finding both hilarious and infuriating. Can't seem to peel my eyes away.
Fighting always got you ejected, but fighting in the 80s and 90s NBA was usually more than a shove in the back. Fights were more like bench clearing brawls with fists being thrown. A shove in the back woulda have likely led to a fight though. If the Nuggets had a modern day version of Antonio Davis on their roster and someone took a cheap shot at their star player the Heat woulda had to worry about Jimmy Butler getting it just as bad (if not worse) the next time he drove into the paint.

You’re right about the Heat sub though, I found it quite amusing.

But there isn't a more deranged fanbase than Heat fans. Maybe Raptors fans...
I got random hate DM's on reddit from Raptors fans till over a year after the '19 Finals. Commented once on r/nba that they had a trash fanbase for pointing and cheering at KD's injury and was inundated with messages for a looong time. Couple anti-semetic ones in there too for good measure.

So yea I'd agree.

I think it's incredibly unfair to place blame on Jokic. Yes he did a two hand shove, and was ejected for it like anybody else would. But you can't have the 10th guy on the bench taking frustration cheap shots on the reigning MVP when you're down by double digits. Even worse since the Morris twins have countless instances of acting petty on court. Markieff was fully aware of what he was doing, and managed to take the MVP out of the game. You really miss the days of Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry taking out other teams star players singlehandedly? These are just players held to different standards and it makes me irritated.

Now you have Heat fans acting the victim "Oh poor us, we were just trying to play basketball and the big bad tall man pushed us down". The team tried going to the locker room to confront Jokic? The victim mentality going on in Heat fans minds in insane right now. it's like they miss the Big 3 days when they were "the villain" and are really desperate to get back. One of the most upvoted threads says literally that. Another one is trying to use examples of Jokic's brothers legal problems back in Serbia to paint Jokic out to be some bully. Heat fans are such trash.

Oh and now Markieff is trying to play the victim on twitter. Fuck that guy and his brother.
I can't blame the guy who let his emotions get the best of him and checked / two shoved a guy in the back? Come on.

Once again, yes Morris was wrong for giving a hard foul and I'm not going to pretend he's all innocent (anyone thinking that is being silly). But being stupid and reckless isn't the answer. Let the guy get his tech and move on.

I can't blame the guy who let his emotions get the best of him and checked / two shoved a guy in the back? Come on.
Yeah he did and was subsequently ejected, but are you forgetting about the dangerous contact that occurred right before that? I didn't watch the game, but I'm sure Morris was doing small acts throughout the game. Jokic isn't the type of player to blindly get angry and physical, in fact its the opposite (I remember during the playoffs when he erroneously swiped Cam Payne's face, even after being ejected he went to check on Payne).

People are making this out to be one sided, when it's very well known the Morris twins are 3 of the dirtiest players in the league (Just watch any compilation of them denying shooters landing space). Heat fans and players sitting on their high throne, looking down on everyone else.

If Jokic is suspended but Morris isn't, it'll send a message to all teams in the league; just send out your enforcer to take out the other teams star.

Yeah he did and was subsequently ejected, but are you forgetting about the dangerous contact that occurred right before that?
Uh....no....

Once again, yes Morris was wrong for giving a hard foul and I'm not going to pretend he's all innocent (anyone thinking that is being silly)

Also just blindly throwing "I didn't watch the game but I'm sure X happened..." isnt really the crux of a great argument.

Yes, once again, Morris was wrong for the hard foul. Most sane people aren't arguing that. Running a guy down after and being reckless is rightfully being chastised, regardless if guy has some history of kind of being nice.

And why is Jokic receiving more attention? Cuz he's an MVP caliber player and Morris is a role player. It's pretty simple.

Also just blindly throwing "I didn't watch the game but I'm sure X happened..." isnt really the crux of a great argument.
But at the same time this didn't happen in a bubble, and it sounds like you're trying to phrase it that way. Stop ignoring Morris's shitty behavior. Morris has a reputation for being a dirty player; him and his brother are probably the 2 dirtiest players in the league after Beverly. Jokic has the opposite reputation and has only been ejected once in his career.

You can't just ignore that and think this Jokic rage came out of nowhere man. Jokic's reputation and MVP status should give him more credibility, not less. Stop giving Markeef Morris of all people the benifet of the doubt.

If you find yourself on the Morris side of an argument.......well I'll leave it at that.

But at the same time this didn't happen in a bubble, and it sounds like you're trying to phrase it that way. Stop ignoring Morris's shitty behavior. Morris has a reputation for being a dirty player; him and his brother are probably the 2 dirtiest players in the league after Beverly. Jokic has the opposite reputation and has only been ejected once in his career.

You can't just ignore that and think this Jokic rage came out of nowhere man. Jokic's reputation and MVP status should give him more credibility, not less. Stop giving Markeef Morris of all people the benifet of the doubt.

If you find yourself on the Morris side of an argument.......well I'll leave it at that.
Bro, do you read like half my replies? I've literally said 3 times Morris is wrong for his action. Saying I'm giving Morris benefit of the doubt or saying he had no culpability is just being ridiculous at this point. HE WAS WRING FOR HIS HARD FOUL.

But you are literally questioning anyone going in on Jokic for a blatantly dirty (even if provoked) and dangerous action. Jokic is receiving his fair share of criticism for handling it poorly and recklessly.

I really can't explain that any other way so I'm gonna end it there for 2 teams I couldn't care less about lol.

Go Bulls!

But you are literally questioning anyone going in on Jokic for a blatantly dirty (even if provoked) and dangerous action. Jokic is receiving his fair share of criticism for handling it poorly and recklessly.
Cool, so you completely misconstrue my words as well. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Ridiculous. Guess every team should get an end of bench guy to poke and prod the other teams star.

He also seems SO happy this year. Everyone has fun playing with Steph.
He really does. I love this team and the enthusiasm they play with, easily the best bunch we've had since our last finals run. GP2 is becoming the perfect backup guard, Porter Jr and Bjelicia are slotting in flawlessly, my man Juan Toscano is becoming Draymond jr. I don't expect the rookies to play much this year, but Wiseman will definitely get reps when he gets back.

I love my Dubs, the last few years of "reloading" are finally paying off.

He really does. I love this team and the enthusiasm they play with, easily the best bunch we've had since our last finals run. GP2 is becoming the perfect backup guard, Porter Jr and Bjelicia are slotting in flawlessly, my man Juan Toscano is becoming Draymond jr. I don't expect the rookies to play much this year, but Wiseman will definitely get reps when he gets back.

I love my Dubs, the last few years of "reloading" are finally paying off.
I also love how the young guys seem to have bought in and are fine playing in Santa Cruz then coming up to maybe get a few minutes a game every couple of games.

Back