The National

i believe that weekend is the same as Cincinnati's Oktoberfest which is pretty huge, so makes sense they won't be using more of the area, as Oktoberfest is very close to all that stuff and shuts down a big swath of the area if I remember right
Oh Jesus, you're right. It's gonna be a complete shit show down there. And good luck parking.

Oh Jesus, you're right. It's gonna be a complete shit show down there. And good luck parking.
I haven't been to Cincy/that area since before the pandemic, but I don't even know how people get down there with the traditional Oktoberfest congestion. Shuttles from somewhere? Seems like a really poorly planned idea.

I haven't been to Cincy/that area since before the pandemic, but I don't even know how people get down there with the traditional Oktoberfest congestion. Shuttles from somewhere? Seems like a really poorly planned idea.
At least with the streetcar now you can park further away in OTR or similar and take it down for free. There's also a shuttle that goes back and forth from Northern KY that's like a few bucks and plenty of parking on that side of the river, or you can walk across the pedestrian bridge, which is also fine. That's what I normally did for festivals in downtown if the parking situation at Fountain Square wasn't viable.

I honestly feel they rushed into this. They had promised Homecoming would be back in the fall. The dedicated site isn't even online yet. The first one was perfect, I remember being so disappointed when they announced 2.0, Front Gate took over, there were platinum tickets, it was so much larger than the first with wine tastings, chef tasting menus, craft beers and bourbon etc. It was completely different from what it had been.

This seems like it's the bare minimum, a single stage, though they have some great talent. Seriously debating whether or not to go. We have Pearl Jam on Aug 31 in MSP and again on Sep 10 in Indianapolis. There is no way we can do all three trips, so I need to think hard. Some friends that I've met through the National really want us to go and are beyond excited since they missed the first one.

Presale is tomorrow when I will be at Newark airport getting ready to board my flight to Chicago.

2023 Tour Posters
Just a reminder:

Each date on our 2023 tour will have a unique, limited edition poster. We've collaborated with some amazing artists on this run and we can't wait to share the final pieces with you.

A limited number of prints will be available at the shows and also at 10AM ET the following day in our online store. You can get these posters and more at shop.americanmary.com.

Cherry Tree members will have access to exclusive limited edition fan club variants of each poster design. Quantities are limited.

For information on joining Cherry Tree, please visit www.americanmary.com/cherry-tree.

Looking into how expensive it would be to make it there…idk. I might just buy a ticket for the Nashville date and then see them back to back in Nashville and Atlanta in August. That’ll make up for it kinda

Always love new poster time

I still don't know if I can go to the shows I have tickets for in a couple weeks but I bought this in prep for it

It is big and secure. Plus the CT variants. I love concert posters.

their instagram stories has a quick video of the pop up and at least for today, i'd probably temper expectations as it looks like a handful of old posters, lots of copies of High Violet, and maybe some overstock of CT vol 4 - not to say there isn't more but not a collection of riches

their instagram stories has a quick video of the pop up and at least for today, i'd probably temper expectations as it looks like a handful of old posters, lots of copies of High Violet, and maybe some overstock of CT vol 4 - not to say there isn't more but not a collection of riches
Yeah looked real underwhelming.

Damn, if those are the older Cherry Tree volumes that'd be awesome. I only have vol. 4.

Looks like some CT 3s behind the number 4. But yeah, don't see the poster I was hoping would be there.

Just back from the pop up. They have all CTs, starting at $60 and up to $125 for CT 1

Did not have the plane poster but had its sister print, boats for the European tour.

No green SWB today. One signed copy of Light Years each day along with one blue system 7” each day. They have the RSD cassettes.

They are switching merch out each day. I’ll go back to see if any rarities, but it doesn’t look like any Sorrow boxes.

I took pix but still can’t seem to post them.

Couldn’t upload from my phone. Here are 2 pix of merch available today. Sister poster is just to the right of the Paul head in the center of the pic

Kind of a bummer. I have basically all of those. Not a signed copy of Light Years, but I still have it. The hole in my vinyl collection is A Lot Of Sorrow.

Back