The National

This sounds very cool. I remember 4AD did a pop-up in lower Manhattan a few years ago - I was unable to get into the city, and asked my daughter if she would stop by to check it out, but she wasn't able to get there. Very curious to know what they will have there!

"Each day we will pull fresh goodies from the vaults."

Guaranteed to get collectors / fans to show up every day they can! Test pressings? Rare numbered vinyl? The Belle & Sebastian / England 12"???? I will definitely check it out.

"Each day we will pull fresh goodies from the vaults."

Guaranteed to get collectors / fans to show up every day they can! Test pressings? Rare numbered vinyl? The Belle & Sebastian / England 12"???? I will definitely check it out.
Oh man probably a few copies of A Lot of Sorrow for not $1000 😱

I will only be there on Thurs & Fri. I'm confident that all the really rare stuff will be put out on Sat & Sun.

Seriously, my collection is pretty great, only a few things I'm missing that I really would like, but I doubt they'd have them at a pop-up shop.

I will only be there on Thurs & Fri. I'm confident that all the really rare stuff will be put out on Sat & Sun.

Seriously, my collection is pretty great, only a few things I'm missing that I really would like, but I doubt they'd have them at a pop-up shop.

If they have the green version of SWB, the sorrow box, or a rare version of the Virginia EP I'd be interested if they're msrp. But also I could see there being a mark up

I fully expect there to be an influx of new discogs listings in a few days for a couple of items :cautious:

If you're a flipper, buy the Sorrow box for $200, flip it easily for like $500. That's undercutting the current going rate by $300~ but someone will gladly pay it. $300 profit. However, knowing flippers, I'd expect it to be around that $800 mark that it goes for nowadays.

I fully expect there to be an influx of new discogs listings in a few days for a couple of items :cautious:

If you're a flipper, buy the Sorrow box for $200, flip it easily for like $500. That's undercutting the current going rate by $300~ but someone will gladly pay it. $300 profit. However, knowing flippers, I'd expect it to be around that $800 mark that it goes for nowadays.
I've never flipped any record or concert tickets. Refuse to do that - very bad karma. I'll expound on that - I've never bought a record or tickets "just to flip" I may start weeding things out of my collection, and would of course sell them for fair market value.

Honestly do not expect to see the Sorrow box there - I know many people who have been trying to get a copy of it - I'd have to have a lottery drawing to see who gets it! I was fortunate and got mine for cost... I saw a used one at my local shop once, maybe 6 years ago, and I think it might have been under $100. Still kicking myself for not buying it since I already had a copy!

I've never flipped any record or concert tickets. Refuse to do that - very bad karma. I'll expound on that - I've never bought a record or tickets "just to flip" I may start weeding things out of my collection, and would of course sell them for fair market value.

Honestly do not expect to see the Sorrow box there - I know many people who have been trying to get a copy of it - I'd have to have a lottery drawing to see who gets it! I was fortunate and got mine for cost... I saw a used one at my local shop once, maybe 6 years ago, and I think it might have been under $100. Still kicking myself for not buying it since I already had a copy!

I remember when it came out thinking how overpriced it was for it to be the same song over and over. Not so overpriced now huh.

I remember when it came out thinking how overpriced it was for it to be the same song over and over. Not so overpriced now huh.
A friend tried to coerce me into attending with her. It was such a hassle to get to Queens from here, so I said no. She stayed for maybe an hour. I do wish I had gone. And I was also thinking the vinyl box was ridiculously overpriced. Who knew??? Then again, I almost didn't buy the Pearl Jam 4LP Benaroya set because it was $49 INCLUDING shipping. We had 2 10c memberships, so could have bought two. It has sold for as much as $3,500!!!

If, for any reason, this poster is available, please get it for me and I will pay you handsomely. It's the only poster I don't have for my Dallas shows.

The+National+Poster+by+DKNG

Back