The National

I'm by no means an expert, but isn't it made of the kind of plastic that causes off-gassing problems?
Oh I have no idea. Didn’t think about that at all, but now I am
I don’t have it yet, but is it thick plastic and kinda smelly? High Violet had/has a similar cover that came with it.

Wait what does that mean

I don't have any firsthand experience on this, but have read up on it.

Here's a thread from Discogs on it. Basically PVC sleeves over time react with vinyl records and can damage them. In the case of this National record, since it's an outer sleeve and doesn't come in contact with the record itself I am not sure if the effects are mitigated at all.

Oh this also does come with a sticker with the title and “The National” on it. It fell on the floor when I opened my package and I didn’t even realize it till I was leaving. Anyway, it’s not the same as the one on the printed sleeve but it could be transferred anyway

Oh this also does come with a sticker with the title and “The National” on it. It fell on the floor when I opened my package and I didn’t even realize it till I was leaving. Anyway, it’s not the same as the one on the printed sleeve but it could be transferred anyway
Which one? The 3LP or the CT?

I don't have any firsthand experience on this, but have read up on it.

Here's a thread from Discogs on it. Basically PVC sleeves over time react with vinyl records and can damage them. In the case of this National record, since it's an outer sleeve and doesn't come in contact with the record itself I am not sure if the effects are mitigated at all.

In my experience, they sweat too, so it may damage the outer as well.

I think watching the live show out of Paris the other week on YouTube had a big positive impact for me on the new material. I’m only halfway through my first listen and I can tell this album is really going to grow on me over time.

Will rewatch the movie again after listening this through a few times - the film was beautifully sad, or sadly beautiful - as the guys on Coffee & Flowers podcast said to me:
“Yeah we’re still wrestling with it, I don’t know if it argues we need to make life count more or less, but either way I’m crying.”

As for that Pitchfork review - it’s like the writer didn’t like the album but he knew he couldn’t really say he didn’t because it’s The National LOL.

Back