The National - Cherry Tree Club

Surprised there are no NYC or Philly dates (Harrisburg doesn't count as Philly!) I picked up Pitt and Cooperstown. Debating between Boston or Harrisburg, might do one of them. Have decided against Pitchfork.

Saw on one of the FB groups that The National is also offering platinum tickets. I loathe TM, this makes me so sad.

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 1.57.53 PM.png

Cooperstown, NY? Why not? I’ll squeeze in a trip to the baseball hall of fame.
The ommegang shows are awesome. I believe you can camp out overnight. I was tempted to go but it’s a far drive for us and my wife isn’t a huge national fan. I only really have one buddy who is. They have lots of good shows this summer but weirdly most are on weeknights

The ommegang shows are awesome. I believe you can camp out overnight. I was tempted to go but it’s a far drive for us and my wife isn’t a huge national fan. I only really have one buddy who is. They have lots of good shows this summer but weirdly most are on weeknights
Tangentially related but the promotions/booking company that does Vermont shows will sometimes book shows at Ommegang which I'll get excited for when they announce shows but then notice it's in Cooperstown. Like... that's far. See: The War on Drugs recently. They also book a lot of shows at MassMoca in North Adams. I've been there before and it's a cool place for a show, but it's like 3 hours from me which makes no sense.

Looks like they are technically the promoters of the National show there too lol - The National | Higher Ground

Tangentially related but the promotions/booking company that does Vermont shows will sometimes book shows at Ommegang which I'll get excited for when they announce shows but then notice it's in Cooperstown. Like... that's far. See: The War on Drugs recently. They also book a lot of shows at MassMoca in North Adams. I've been there before and it's a cool place for a show, but it's like 3 hours from me which makes no sense.

Looks like they are technically the promoters of the National show there too lol - The National | Higher Ground
I wanted to go to that war on drugs show but it’s a Sunday night and a 3 hour drive for me. Why can’t they do a Friday or Saturday night??

I wanted to go to that war on drugs show but it’s a Sunday night and a 3 hour drive for me. Why can’t they do a Friday or Saturday night??
Bands should try and think strategically about booking shows where they hit up small locations on weekends and larger cities during the week. Like, NYC, it doesn't matter when they perform, they'll likely attract a good crowd. But smaller cities won't get as many people to come out on a Tuesday, but they will on a Friday or Saturday.

Weird, I didn't even get an email. Checked my junk folder, but nothing. But, my name isn't on that list of winners :(

I forget, are we a year behind on the vinyl packages? Like did I just re-up for year 5 or year 4? Also time is moving fast wtf.

Back