The National - Cherry Tree Club

SO DID I! I still need to frame the poster. I got an awesome green variant of Sleep Well Beast
great shows. it was awesome because we were on an email list for free tickets to any Forest Hills shows that didn't sell out. so that summer and i think the following one, we saw so many fun live shows there. really cool venue and was only a few subway stops away for me since i lived in astoria at the time.

I bought the blue (which has already sold out!) and got the blue/white split for my daughter. We are pictured in at least one of the photos - the one of Matt in the crowd at Forest Hills. I'm so thrilled that the vinyl is songs from TNLNY show night 2!

I cannot justify buying all the variants..... yet......... ;)

That is just insane that this is already sold out at that price. Sad that I want be able to continue my National variant collecting.

Yes but the vinyl we are getting in our next membership package is this show.

We were at that Stubb's show. I am beyond thrilled it's this year's CT vinyl gift.

Just got an email for this:

Light Years: A book from The National & Graham MacIndoe
Light years chronicles Scottish photographer Graham MacIndoe’s 20-year relationship with The National through newly published images, essays and quotes from members of the band. Graham took The National’s first official publicity photo in 2001, back when they were friends working in creative careers, lost touch with the band as their lives took very different paths, then reconnected in 2012 just as Trouble Will Find Me was released. Since then, Graham has documented recording sessions for The National’s last three albums and a multitude of gigs and rehearsals, capturing life in the studio, backstage and on the road. Graham’s black-and-white photographs provide a unique and intimate view of the band and their interactions with each other, their crew, family, friends and fans. The book is accompanied by a vinyl album of songs selected by Graham and Scott Devendorf from The National’s September 2018 performances at Forest Hills Stadium in New York.

Light Years is available for preorder exclusively in the Cherry Tree shop for 72 hours. There are 6 limited edition variants to choose from:

SIGNED Light Years Book & Print - Blue Vinyl - Limited Edition

SIGNED Light Years Book – Clear Vinyl - Limited Edition

Light Years Book - White Opaque / Blue Split Vinyl - Cherry Tree Exclusive - Limited Edition

Light Years Book - Light Brown Vinyl - Cherry Tree Exclusive - Limited Edition

Light Years Book - Clear 12" Vinyl - Limited Edition

Light Years Book - Limited Edition

Limited to 3200 units, each book will be numbered. Signed bookplate is limited to 400 units. Limit 1 per customer. A portion of proceeds raised by the signed editions of Light Years will be donated to The National Touring Crew.

Starting at $150 😭
Yup I'm out. That's so expensive wtf.
damn. too steep for my blood even though i went to those forest hills shows!

I bought the blue (which has already sold out!) and got the blue/white split for my daughter. We are pictured in at least one of the photos - the one of Matt in the crowd at Forest Hills. I'm so thrilled that the vinyl is songs from TNLNY show night 2!

I cannot justify buying all the variants..... yet......... ;)
Same! I'm in that picture but in the dark behind the last row I think

1616431564458.png

That is just insane that this is already sold out at that price. Sad that I want be able to continue my National variant collecting.
I remember a lot of Graham's prints sold out pretty quickly in the CT shop when they first were added. I did miss out on those. I'm really happy that there is a book. My husband and I (and my two daughters) appeared in a handful of his prints that he showed at his installation in Cleveland during Homecoming 2018. But yes, I agree, that it sold out so fast at that price is mind blowing.

Now you do this Cherry Tree store.

Limited to 3200 units, each book will be numbered. Signed bookplate is limited to 400 units. Limit 1 per customer. A portion of proceeds raised by the signed editions of Light Years will be donated to The National Touring Crew.

1616432034548.png

great shows. it was awesome because we were on an email list for free tickets to any Forest Hills shows that didn't sell out. so that summer and i think the following one, we saw so many fun live shows there. really cool venue and was only a few subway stops away for me since i lived in astoria at the time.
That Forest Hill Venue is one of the best outdoor venues in the NYC area.

I rank the Top 5:
1. Forest Hills
2. Prospect Park Band Shell
3. Coney Island
4. Pier 17
5. Central Park Summer Stage

I do think it would have been nice to add the vinyl as a cherry tree exclusive on its own, but I guess they know what they are doing cause more people were probably more likely to buy the book with the exclusive vinyl.

I rank the Top 5:
1. Forest Hills
3. Coney Island
4. Pier 17
What about the Williamsburg Waterfront?

I don't know if they still do shows there. But, I saw New Order, DFA1979, Pavement, Sonic Youth there in the early 2010s and it was such a cool venue looking out over NYC.

I really love Prospect Park, saw The National, Beach House, Childish Gambino. Forest Hills is great if you have standing. I saw The Replacements and The National on the floor which was awesome. I got sitting tickets for Paul Simon, but unfortunately it was so far to the right that my view was obstructed for most of the show :(

I rank the Top 5:
1. Forest Hills
3. Coney Island
4. Pier 17
I have found Summer Stage to be such a frustrating venue. People love to talk and the acoustics make chatter very loud. I remember seeing Spoon there in 2014 (I think - it was definitely They Want My Soul) and the noise from people talking was unreal. The last show I saw there was Muse a few years ago and a friend got us into VIP on the bleachers so it was definitely better than being on the ground.

Back