The National - Cherry Tree Club

My Cherry Tree and Self-Titled both arrived with splits. I emailed in if they had any extra jackets and offered to pay shipping because they aren't awful, but I still want them in pristine shape.
That blows, I am wondering If I asked them to remove the albums from the jacket before shipping, because they did for me. I usually ask if there is an option for “special instructions” but I don’t recall if I had with this order.

That blows, I am wondering If I asked them to remove the albums from the jacket before shipping, because they did for me. I usually ask if there is an option for “special instructions” but I don’t recall if I had with this order.
I should learn to do that more...some places automatically do that (I think Qrates springs to mind...).

I should learn to do that more...some places automatically do that (I think Qrates springs to mind...).
Yeah, I am lazy and so my first inclination is not to ask but then I think about how much of a pain in the ass it will be if there is a blow out. Even when I ask, the retailer only removes them like half them time.

Last edited:
My CT records are out for delivery!!! I was sweating it a bit as they went into the nebulous In Transit To Next Facility for 4 days with no update.

Did you get a shipping email?

I signed up for cherry tree last April and I haven't received a single thing or email in that time besides my account confirmation. Lol

Did you get a shipping email?

I signed up for cherry tree last April and I haven't received a single thing or email in that time besides my account confirmation. Lol
I receive shipping notifications when I order from them and usually email notifications when tickets or store drops are about to happen.

I receive shipping notifications when I order from them and usually email notifications when tickets or store drops are about to happen.
Ah! I think I may have misunderstood above and thought the posts I was responding to were about the annual membership record.

Ah! I think I may have misunderstood above and thought the posts I was responding to were about the annual membership record.
Yeah, I think he’s talking about the CT exclusive reissues of their early albums. They’ve also sent out some email updates regarding the CT Vol 3, I think the most recent one shared a portion of the show via SoundCloud and said that the LP has been delayed until June.

Just got an email for this:

Light Years: A book from The National & Graham MacIndoe
Light years chronicles Scottish photographer Graham MacIndoe’s 20-year relationship with The National through newly published images, essays and quotes from members of the band. Graham took The National’s first official publicity photo in 2001, back when they were friends working in creative careers, lost touch with the band as their lives took very different paths, then reconnected in 2012 just as Trouble Will Find Me was released. Since then, Graham has documented recording sessions for The National’s last three albums and a multitude of gigs and rehearsals, capturing life in the studio, backstage and on the road. Graham’s black-and-white photographs provide a unique and intimate view of the band and their interactions with each other, their crew, family, friends and fans. The book is accompanied by a vinyl album of songs selected by Graham and Scott Devendorf from The National’s September 2018 performances at Forest Hills Stadium in New York.

Light Years is available for preorder exclusively in the Cherry Tree shop for 72 hours. There are 6 limited edition variants to choose from:

SIGNED Light Years Book & Print - Blue Vinyl - Limited Edition

SIGNED Light Years Book – Clear Vinyl - Limited Edition

Light Years Book - White Opaque / Blue Split Vinyl - Cherry Tree Exclusive - Limited Edition

Light Years Book - Light Brown Vinyl - Cherry Tree Exclusive - Limited Edition

Light Years Book - Clear 12" Vinyl - Limited Edition

Light Years Book - Limited Edition

Limited to 3200 units, each book will be numbered. Signed bookplate is limited to 400 units. Limit 1 per customer. A portion of proceeds raised by the signed editions of Light Years will be donated to The National Touring Crew.

Light years chronicles Scottish photographer Graham MacIndoe’s 20-year relationship with The National through newly published images, essays and quotes from members of the band. Graham took The National’s first official publicity photo in 2001, back when they were friends working in creative careers, lost touch with the band as their lives took very different paths, then reconnected in 2012 just as Trouble Will Find Me was released. Since then, Graham has documented recording sessions for The National’s last three albums and a multitude of gigs and rehearsals, capturing life in the studio, backstage and on the road. Graham’s black-and-white photographs provide a unique and intimate view of the band and their interactions with each other, their crew, family, friends and fans. The book is accompanied by a vinyl album of songs selected by Graham and Scott Devendorf from The National’s September 2018 performances at Forest Hills Stadium in New York.

Light Years is available for preorder exclusively in the Cherry Tree shop for 72 hours. There are 6 limited edition variants to choose from:

Light Years Book - White Opaque / Blue Split Vinyl - Cherry Tree Exclusive - Limited Edition

Limited to 3200 units, each book will be numbered. Signed bookplate is limited to 400 units. Limit 1 per customer. A portion of proceeds raised by the signed editions of Light Years will be donated to The National Touring Crew.
Starting at $150 😭

I love the National but this is totally unaffordable for your average person.

Back