The National - Cherry Tree Club

Had a response from CS in regards to them being sold in the UK:

'Thanks for your interest! The Cherry Tree edition in particular looks like it will be selling out very soon so I don't think it will ever be available at the UK location. Copies of the Purple/White marble one could one day be available at the UK location, but I certainly could not guarantee that.

We hope this information helps!

Regards,
Dave'

Had a response from CS in regards to them being sold in the UK:

'Thanks for your interest! The Cherry Tree edition in particular looks like it will be selling out very soon so I don't think it will ever be available at the UK location. Copies of the Purple/White marble one could one day be available at the UK location, but I certainly could not guarantee that.

We hope this information helps!

Regards,
Dave'

Thanks! I'll wait then, if not I'll purchase the standard version.

I just wanted to pop my head in here in order to express my outrage at the pricing on this, specifically the international pricing.

I'm outraged now. DO YOU HEAR ME NATIONAL? OUTRAAAAAAAAAGED

-limply shakes fist at sky-

I just wanted to pop my head in here in order to express my outrage at the pricing on this, specifically the international pricing.

I'm outraged now. DO YOU HEAR ME NATIONAL? OUTRAAAAAAAAAGED

-limply shakes fist at sky-
might be worth shooting an email to the band asking if it's available anywhere in Canada. Someone posted a link of the regular version for sale in the UK. I'd be VERY surprised if there's not a Canadian distributor since they band is massively popular there (and everywhere really).

might be worth shooting an email to the band asking if it's available anywhere in Canada. Someone posted a link of the regular version for sale in the UK. I'd be VERY surprised if there's not a Canadian distributor since they band is massively popular there (and everywhere really).
Oh I'm sure there will be, but if you go on exchange rate alone without even factoring in shipping I gotta think we're looking at $70ish dollars for anything beyond a black copy... But I could be wrong...

Welp, that was fast. Check my email. Cherry Tree version is sold out already. I hope it is like the CT, Vol 1 and keeps randomly popping back into stock cuz the Alternate version of “Terrible Love” is the best version of “Terrible Love” and I am gonna need to get this copy edition.

Looks like they had a 2 item limit on it so you know a bunch were bought to be flipped.
Which is dumb. I mean, I get it when they are flipping things that are just not readily available but there are AT LEAST two other variants of this being released. Even if you buy into the Ideal of colored > black vinyl this isn’t even that, every version is colored. Who is gonna way overpay for that?

Which is dumb. I mean, I get it when they are flipping things that are just not readily available but there are AT LEAST two other variants of this being released. Even if you buy into the Ideal of colored > black vinyl this isn’t even that, every version is colored. Who is gonna way overpay for that?

No clue. I went with VMP. I like their colors and at least they'll replace warps which I don't think the national does anymore if you ship with media mail. Essentially paying a little more for a better color, obi strip, and warp insurance.

No clue. I went with VMP. I like their colors and at least they'll replace warps which I don't think the national does anymore if you ship with media mail. Essentially paying a little more for a better color, obi strip, and warp insurance.
This is all a good point. I may do the same. I already own an original purple pressing so this whole exercise is a bit Superfluous anyways. I just always preferred the alternate version of “Terrible Love” (much closer to the live version, way less subdued than the version that ended up on the LP). I will probably go the VMP route too ( I still have to order their version of the new Hamilton Leithouser LP anyhow) and if a CT copy becomes available I can always cancel the VMP copy if I desire.

Back