The N&G Top 500 Albums of All Time!!!

RULES
  • Voting will be done in private, only votes Dmed to me will count
  • Votes will be in the form of list of 50 Greatest Albums lists (50 points for #1, 49 for #2....1 point for #50)
  • There are no restrictions on what is considered an album
  • All votes are due by 12/1/2020
  • Votes can be DMed to me at any time from now til the due date, but once a vote is entered it can't be edited

Other than that have fun. From now til 12/1/2020 feel free to talk up albums, post your list (or dont), talk about albums you think will make the main list but shouldn't, or really anything you'd like. Let's have fun talking about music.
♥ ♥ ♥

Can't wait to DM you @Woob_woob ! :devilish:

This is gonna be a bitch to make. I feel like my tastes are so lopsided to the 2010's. I havent explored other decades nearly enough (hell I havent even found an 80s album I feel comfortable calling my fav for that decade yet). And even then I felt like my AOTD list was a mess lol

On the contrary, most of my picks will likely skew to the 2010s considering it was the first decade where I really started paying attention to music (by way of being the first decade I was old enough to be paying attention to music). Most of my favorite albums are post-1990 and there will probably be a few outliers but I wouldn't expect to see too many "classics" on my list. Also, my list will contain no Bob Dylan and probably no jazz, which puts me at odds with at least 95% of the forum by default.

Yeah I feel like my list is gonna look very similar. Jazz has yet to click with me and I haven't spent enough time with alot of the classics (the only dylan album I've heard is time out of mind)

So after Dedicated, Dedicated Side B, Emotion, Emotion Side B, Kiss, and Tug of War, I just need to find 44 more CRJ albums to round out this list. Cool cool cool.
Britney Spears' Blackout should be ranked #7 and Justin Timberlake's FutureSex/LoveSounds should be ranked #8 ! Both albums are provocative, futuristic, rebellious, erotic and have a club-ready, pretentious, irresistible aesthetic to them! Absolute pop masterpieces! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Such a great track as well! I think Portishead would actually have two tracks in there - Glory Box and Machine Gun. But I would only want to list one of them in my list if we ever do a top 50 songs of all-time list!
I'm worried that my top 50 songs would all be by the same four or five artists and it would expose how much time I spend relistening to the same songs over and over instead of exploring new music lol

I'm worried that my top 50 songs would all be by the same four or five artists and it would expose how much time I spend relistening to the same songs over and over instead of exploring new music lol
It's the best feeling though when you fall in love with an album so much that you never get sick of it and still get excited when you play it! That feeling is priceless!

Same here, except I’d somehow find room for Nelly Furtado - “Say It Right” because that song is purrrrrrrfect

Anyone got any tips for how you're assembling your list? Just going through your record and digital collections and making a Google Doc that you can drag stuff around to rearrange, using a third-party website, etc.?

I had a pretty good idea of what my top 25 was. After that I already had some favorite album rankings by genre so that's where I started. I just kind of went down those lists and slid albums in by comparing them to each other. Then I threw in everything that didn't really fit a genre description from the initial lists.

Back