The Mars Volta reuniting / new music (not being trolled this time, apparently)

I did a thing and ordered the boxset....$422 shipped from deep discount seems like the cheapest I could see. They have it discounted to 422, and with a 10% code (PLUNGE) it kept it at 422 with shipping and taxes included. Might be something to look out for if any bigger discount codes make their way around.

Edit: $411 it came to

I did a thing and ordered the boxset....$422 shipped from deep discount seems like the cheapest I could see. They have it discounted to 422, and with a 10% code (PLUNGE) it kept it at 422 with shipping and taxes included. Might be something to look out for if any bigger discount codes make their way around.

I very much look forward to a review. And also the second home you will need to purchase to house it in.

I preordered it on amazon for a moment and with tax it was over $100 more than that so I think you got a great deal. I'm kinda surprised it is still avail at a place like DD.

Yeah I got "label created, awaiting item" notification yesterday too. So psyched for this. If it were to arrive Saturday that would be perfection.

Mine finally shows some motion. At LA USPS distro hub. Tuesday delivery. Anyone got this yet? Very interested in how safely it is packed. Lot of weight and fancy display box.

Got mine on Friday already and it's a gorgeous set shipped in a sturdy box with perfect protection.
Although I still don't get why they haven't included the title track Frances The Mute but apart from that minor flaw (which will hopefully be fixed once the individual releases will be announced), it's everything I could've asked for and the sound quality is great as well - which should be the most important aspect.
You're in for a treat. :)

Edit: Landscape Tantrums sometimes really reminds me of ATDI in some ways and it's stunning to hear how the tracks have grown up for their Deloused release - but Televators (on of my alltime favourites) is probably the best surprise of all, perfectly intimate.

Last edited:
Mine ended up getting cancelled. Not too surprised after getting it for that good of a price. Sucks, but not that disappointing as I don't really need that whole box anyways. Back to hoping for the individual releases eventually. I'll still be super jealous when you guys post yours!

The Clouds Hill dude did a Q&A on Instagram and repeatedly dodged the question if the albums would be released individually (he would hold up his drink and cheers). So it seems to be a safe bet

I can wait but I’m just hoping for a safe delivery without damage. The longer it is in the mail/shipping system the more chance of mishaps. Still no updates other than it didn’t arrive on time on mine.

Small town so if it gets into the local route sort basket at my PO undamaged my local mail carrier will handle it with care.

OTOH, maybe giving her my damaged Recs isn’t such a good idea. 🤔

USPS seems to be at absolute garbage levels again after rebounding for a bit. I have numerous packages with this one just stuck at "label created", "arriving late", or "package received, pending acceptance".

A lot of damage was done to a system that already was being stressed and underfunded. Want to see shipping rates go up for small packages wait until there isn’t a usps option. But, that is an issue for another thread.

For a box as big and heavy as The Mars Volta set I wish Clouds Hill would used heavier cardboard shipping box and a higher priority (faster) shipping option.

Hopefully all is good and they packed it with crush space. Getting replacement parts for box sets is a hassle. My delivery is in five hours or so. Time will tell. I’m trying to be optimistic.

Back