The Mars Volta reuniting / new music (not being trolled this time, apparently)

Last edited:
Uh, you have 5 copies of De-Loused and 3 of Frances The Mute? Along with like 5 copies of every other TMV album??
Are you a god?
Ha, no, just a bit obsessed :) they were my favorite band in college and afterwards, and when I feel things I really feeeeeel them, so I spent all my extra money for a while on every different variant they've ever done (except a black MOV Amputechture, but I have a GSL test pressing of that), and I have a sealed 1st press of them all as well....cuz we all do that for our favorite bands....right?

Right, guys?

Ha, no, just a bit obsessed :) they were my favorite band in college and afterwards, and when I feel things I really feeeeeel them, so I spent all my extra money for a while on every different variant they've ever done (except a black MOV Amputechture, but I have a GSL test pressing of that), and I have a sealed 1st press of them all as well....cuz we all do that for our favorite bands....right?

Right, guys?
Friend, you do you.

Now... should you ever feel the need to part with any of these pressings you damn well drop me a line.

As someone who has almost bought Frances for absurd prices multiple times... like finger hovering over the mouse one click away on Discogs type "almost"... this really, really makes my day.
When these reissues get announced I expect all of you to @ the f*ck outta me. I'm gunna need the deluxe super mortgage the house editions...

Hey I need the collective help of some deep Volta/Omar fans for this question...so, I am trying to ID all of the Omar solo records where Teri Gender Bender takes lead vocals. I know she does backup vox on some, but I am interested in those where she is prominently featured singing a la Bosnian Rainbows. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
will be going extremely ham on these re-releases when they come out (though dude has been saying theyre coming for some years now, at least with De-Loused). I'm even gonna buy some for friends from high school who loved them as much as me in the de-loused/frances days who may or may not even own turntables

Reactions: oak
which reminds me I need to get a copy of Relationship of Command, is there like a deluxe or otherwise special version anybody knows of I should be looking for?

Reactions: oak
Back