The Mars Volta reuniting / new music (not being trolled this time, apparently)

I think they definitely meant that if the box sells well that there would be individual album releases. It makes the most sense in context. The time of the comment was when the box was clearly selling well. I think they just don't want to come right out and say that individual albums are coming at the same time as they are selling this box.

I think they definitely meant that if the box sells well that there would be individual album releases. It makes the most sense in context. The time of the comment was when the box was clearly selling well. I think they just don't want to come right out and say that individual albums are coming at the same time as they are selling this box.
Yes this is exactly what I thought. Why announce individual before the box sells out.

I don't know about everyone else but I always stream FTM the song before every time I spin the album. They obviously belong together. I'm pretty sure the only reason it wasn't on the original album was because it didn't fit on the CD. No reason not to include it in an *18-LP* box set.

I don't know about everyone else but I always stream FTM the song before every time I spin the album. They obviously belong together. I'm pretty sure the only reason it wasn't on the original album was because it didn't fit on the CD. No reason not to include it in an *18-LP* box set.
Completely agree, it was left off because of time constraints, not because of some artistic decision from what I understand.

View attachment 90826

The producer of the box set on whether the track Frances the Mute is included in the box. I'm guessing this is a no.
This is exactly how I remember it - and I had a lot of time back then, back in school...

The album was initially slated to have six songs, however the title track "Frances the Mute" (which was going to be the first song) was left out due to time constraints. The lyrics for the title track still appeared on the inside of the CD jewel case tray, while the song itself was released on "The Widow" single. The ending of "Frances the Mute" reprises the album's bookend,
"Sarcophagi" filtered through radio static.

There was even this 4LP limited release, which I almost bought a months back for stupid money...
And I never doubted that in my reality of dreams a complete box set would finally include a full Frances The Mute release - as it was always meant to be.

On one hand they're bragging to have spent over a year on that box set, on the other hand no one ever thought about finally putting together the pieces FTM's release has been shattered with? This would've really represented "a dream come true for the many loyal fans"...

It just doesn't add up.

Oh wait, we'll be getting a LA DEFINITIVA REALIDAD DE LOS SUEÑOS box set, which will include the complete Frances The Mute edition.
Just as the recent trend in hip hop releases: First release the regular edition of an album and a few weeks later charge your fans another time with the deluxe edition of that album including one, two or three bonus tracks. 😘
@Enaz Fox If you know you know.

Last edited:
This is me!
I even made my own version of FTM with CD rips to include the title track and have the full version on my iPod. 🧙‍♂️

hopefully its just a date for albums being reissued in a non-boxset.
Way too early since there are still box sets left and I guess that a lot of people simply bought the box set because they had no other choice.
Announcing individual albums at this point would result in quite some cancellations.
I strongly believe that we'll see individual releases down the line but probably not within the first months.
But who knows...

Was waiting to see if this boxset popped up in Canada and boy did it! I'm not sure I've ever checked the SRC Vinyl site and thought, wow that's a good price and this is no exception! Right now for the low low price of $749.99 Canadian dollars this set could be yours!! Oh I have no idea what shipping will add but I doubt it will be very low!

Man I really shouldn't have starred listening to this band again!

Back