The Mars Volta reuniting / new music (not being trolled this time, apparently)

If it’s like the EU pressed and release techno/electronic records I have to go to a specialty store for I don’t expect to see much fluctuation on the prices. I end up having to pay a bit more to cover their import costs, but I think also import is figured into the price of these records since most records are pressed in the EU and imported to the US versus paying the much steeper price to get them pressed in the US.

It’s going to feel so good if these pop up at retailers in 6 months for significantly less than what Cloudhill is charging.
VMP is heavily teasing something involving these. Whether it's selling the same presses or doing colored exclusives. Storf and the VMP Instagram page are both basically saying something is coming.

After seeing an unboxing video of a less than perfect box I had to get busy on mine. Started rolling in my sleep after watching it last night. Happy to report all good so far….

Ordered early. My box #4910/5000. Just opened, cleaned, and looked everything over in the box with an eagle eye.

No marks or hairlines on vinyl from rough sleeves. No splits or qc issues on box, jacket, or picture sleeves.

Cleaned all the vinyl on the VPI and de-static all sides. Quite the project. Everything is spread out now to make sure it is dry. Needless to say it will all get safely tucked into MoFi sleeves.

Playing Frances The Mute now. Dead quiet vinyl so far. On side two. Sounds good in a TMV sort of way. I mean I wouldn’t expect these to sound warm and fuzzy. Easy to pick different elements out of the mix. Nice 👍.

So if one of those become an essential that will be the cheapest way to pick it up?

Yeah, after my recent return to listening to TMV I have to say that FTM is a masterpiece, way better than I remembered. De-loused is a close second for me. I'm also really digging Amputechture just now.
Yep, I'd agree with that assessment. Amp is a distant third and then after that I didn't really care for anything they did.

My wife's hatred for TMV is almost comical. She loves heavy stuff, loves NIN, Refused etc. But absolutely DESPISES anything prog, but she doesn't even really know the term, she just hears it and instantly hates it. It's actually how I know something is prog rock now. If I'm on the fence about whether it is, and I play it and she recoils in horror, then I know it's prog. If she ever saw Geddy Lee I'm fairly certain she'd throw a chair at him.

When I saw TMV live, I got some hints of old King Crimson mixed in with several other bands and styles - but I don't think I would classify them as prog.

Back