The Kicker of Elves Rekkid Club

It's almost magic. I don't understand how it does this. I listened to their newest album and it definitely did not do the same thing for me. It actually made me really anxious.

Would you describe it as Drone? I know it is under the metal genre umbrella, but it does not have that metal feel to it that I associate with metal.

Definitely very droney!

Yeesh, finally got out the Olivia Tremor Control records and paintings today. SO SORRY it took this long into November and you may wind up getting two boxes in December at this point depending, but I promise it's a great record and I hope you like the paintings too. Going to go with ordering direct from labels when I can just because it's so much easier and faster, but I wanted to included the Schaff paintings SO.

I hope y'all like em!

Last edited:
A bit on the new one, since I have some holiday related free time:

Neutral Milk Hotel ended up being the Elephant Six / Athens Georgia band to really take off and blow up, but back in the early 2000s when I was listening to internet radio Olivia Tremor Control was the first one I heard. As someone who really loved the Beatles (a living human) I was immediately struck by that influence, but also the way they filtered all kinds of 60s influences through a tape deck kind of sound and added their own weird noises and flair. There's moments of pop perfection on this record, and there's weird experiments (including a side long suite that's a little bit of both, 'Green Typewriters' is worth listening through at least once if only for the moment where the 'how much longer ... can I wait?' part absolutely BURSTS out of the longer experimental / found sound section). I love this album and I hope you do too.

Additionally, don't sleep on the download card with this one - it includes another double album's worth of rarities and other songs from the same time period, a lot of which is absolute gold. I think this is the one with the cover of the Beach Boys' 'Little Pad', which is so fun and so good.

Enjoy! Here's the first song I heard off the album that I loved immediately.

So what’s the list of what you’ve chosen so far?

PS This is still dope as hell.

So what’s the list of what you’ve chosen so far?

PS This is still dope as hell.

1. Broadcast: Tender Buttons LP
2. Gabby's World (Eskimeaux) : O.K. LP
3. Earth : Earth 2 2 x LP
4. Olivia Tremor Control : Dusk at Cubist Castle 2 x LP
5. Pavement : Westing (By Musket and Sextant) LP
6. Helium : The Magic City / No Guitars 2 x LP
7. Nap Eyes : I'm Bad Now LP
8. Guided by Voices : Under the Bushes Under the Stars LP + EP
9. Sibylle Baier : Colour Green LP
10. Screaming Females : Ugly LP
11. Destroyer : Streethawk, A Seduction LP
12. The Clean : Anthology 4 x LP

Dat's da list!

I got Olivia Tremor Control last night! I haven't opened it yet. Taking a bit of a break from all human interactions this weekend. :) I'll come back after I've opened and listened.

This really is dope. KoE is the best.

Hey y'all!

So tomorrow I will be purchasing and having Drag City ship out the copies of December's record, Pavement's 'Westing by Musket and Sextant'. It's a compilation of all their early singles, it's rough around the edges BUT also includes some of their best ever songs. It has a lot of sketches and snippets and is the closest thing Pavement has to a Guided by Voices album, which is probably why I like it so much. Also, it has Box Elder on it, which is the best Pavement song.

In addition, each of you will be receiving one eXXXtra bonus Drag City record from their early catalog. It's gonna be a surprise, and I hope you don't have it, so ... yeah. I guess if there are any early Drag City records you know for sure that you have let me know, uh, very soon. Otherwise take the bonus and do with it what you will. It'll be different for each of you and I hope you like 'em. Harpy Hollandaise and Murphy Cripsis.

Best,

KoE

Hey y'all!

So tomorrow I will be purchasing and having Drag City ship out the copies of December's record, Pavement's 'Westing by Musket and Sextant'. It's a compilation of all their early singles, it's rough around the edges BUT also includes some of their best ever songs. It has a lot of sketches and snippets and is the closest thing Pavement has to a Guided by Voices album, which is probably why I like it so much. Also, it has Box Elder on it, which is the best Pavement song.

In addition, each of you will be receiving one eXXXtra bonus Drag City record from their early catalog. It's gonna be a surprise, and I hope you don't have it, so ... yeah. I guess if there are any early Drag City records you know for sure that you have let me know, uh, very soon. Otherwise take the bonus and do with it what you will. It'll be different for each of you and I hope you like 'em. Harpy Hollandaise and Murphy Cripsis.

Best,

KoE

Oh my, I just went to look at Drag City's roster and it is quite large. I don't believe I have any of them. How exciting!

Back