The Kicker of Elves Rekkid Club

Also, a little preview of something coming up for the November boxes: since I'll be mailing these out, I took the liberty of asking my artist pal William Schaff to make postcards for y'all. I made a playlist of songs from each of the year's records and asked him to listen and make stuff. Here are the three, you'll each get one. I thought about making it a surprise but ALSO don't want them to get accidentally chucked with whatever box I end up cobbling together.

Love y'all! Love doing this. Hoping for more special stuff like this as the year goes on. These are all hand painted / collaged originals.

1.jpg2.jpgJoel Pelanne postcards 2_72.jpg

Everyone's September records are confirmed to have arrived! I hope y'all enjoy, it's a fav.

Moving on, a bit about the October album and what to expect:

View attachment 17624

I love Metal, but not everyone does. A lot of people don't! That being said, since it is such a big part of my listening life, I wanted to get something heavy into the club. Earth 2 by Earth is, undoubtedly, one of the heaviest records of all time. That being said, a lot of the things that turn people AWAY from metal: gore fixation, abrasiveness, lyrical content, extreme vocals - are not present here!

What you do have is a canyonsworth of riffs, repeated across 4 sides of wax, like early Sabbath played even slower. No words, no drums, just a big old slab of guitar THRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. It's meditative! I used to put it on and lie down. People ABSOLUTELY get stoned to it if that's at all your thing. It's like abstract art, but more, um, Metal. It's beautiful and loud and I love it like the big warm electric guitar blanket that it is. I hope you'll give it a shot!
Metal! Yes! I did not know I was a metal fan until the khemmis aotm thread. I learned so much through that thread and have enjoyed my journey into metal. I have not yet discovered Earth so this will be fun. Is it stoner metal?

Everyone's September records are confirmed to have arrived! I hope y'all enjoy, it's a fav.

Moving on, a bit about the October album and what to expect:

View attachment 17624

I love Metal, but not everyone does. A lot of people don't! That being said, since it is such a big part of my listening life, I wanted to get something heavy into the club. Earth 2 by Earth is, undoubtedly, one of the heaviest records of all time. That being said, a lot of the things that turn people AWAY from metal: gore fixation, abrasiveness, lyrical content, extreme vocals - are not present here!

What you do have is a canyonsworth of riffs, repeated across 4 sides of wax, like early Sabbath played even slower. No words, no drums, just a big old slab of guitar THRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. It's meditative! I used to put it on and lie down. People ABSOLUTELY get stoned to it if that's at all your thing. It's like abstract art, but more, um, Metal. It's beautiful and loud and I love it like the big warm electric guitar blanket that it is. I hope you'll give it a shot!
I looooove metal. Mostly live, but this sounds perfect for home listening metal. I will snag a few dollar pre-rolls and enjoy as intended.
Also, a little preview of something coming up for the November boxes: since I'll be mailing these out, I took the liberty of asking my artist pal William Schaff to make postcards for y'all. I made a playlist of songs from each of the year's records and asked him to listen and make stuff. Here are the three, you'll each get one. I thought about making it a surprise but ALSO don't want them to get accidentally chucked with whatever box I end up cobbling together.

Love y'all! Love doing this. Hoping for more special stuff like this as the year goes on. These are all hand painted / collaged originals.

View attachment 17626View attachment 17627View attachment 17628
Loooooove.

I was listening to Broadcast again yesterday. It led me to listen to Blonde Redhead and then Stereolab. Great pick!!!!

I played some of Gabby's World in the JQBX room and people really loved it.

You're killing it with your picks!!!

Hahaha, I think you're totally right!

Yes indeed. And now I have a Sub Pop sticker like a real local.
When I saw you post, my first thought was, "What in the??? KOE must have forgotten me." But then I remembered that you are really close to Sub Pop. All is forgiven. ;)

@kickerofelves - I got Earth last week as I was walking out of the door to go on a mini-vacation. I listened to it yesterday. And LOVED it. And then I listened to it 2x more. It is my favorite so far. And I was not expecting that. It is "erase all thoughts from your mind, sink into this music and chill" perfection. Which is exactly what I need. Thank you for this!!!

@kickerofelves - I got Earth last week as I was walking out of the door to go on a mini-vacation. I listened to it yesterday. And LOVED it. And then I listened to it 2x more. It is my favorite so far. And I was not expecting that. It is "erase all thoughts from your mind, sink into this music and chill" perfection. Which is exactly what I need. Thank you for this!!!

Yesssssss! It really is the best kind of thought obliterating. I got my copy when I was in college and it was AMAZING to de-stress along with.

Yesssssss! It really is the best kind of thought obliterating. I got my copy when I was in college and it was AMAZING to de-stress along with.
It's almost magic. I don't understand how it does this. I listened to their newest album and it definitely did not do the same thing for me. It actually made me really anxious.

Would you describe it as Drone? I know it is under the metal genre umbrella, but it does not have that metal feel to it that I associate with metal.

Back