The Grammy Awards Thread

Can’t say it was my guess but honestly really happy for him. As dumb as it is that Beyoncé and Kendrick keep getting bypassed (honestly would’ve preferred one of them) Harry’s House is quite a good album. There have been far worse winners.
I think that’s always the issue with rap albums. The category win will always seem to voters like enough. Pop seems to never have that issue.

I think that’s always the issue with rap albums. The category win will always seem to voters like enough. Pop seems to never have that issue.

Renaissance and Mr. Morale… are also much more intensive albums to digest, asking a lot of the listener. Harry is very easy to just listen and enjoy. You could say the same thing about rap vs pop as genre asks. It’s an unfair burden really.

Also happy for the Taj Mahal/Ry Cooder and Molly Tuttle wins. The Carrington and Samara Joy wins are cool too.

I'll also say that I would have been more concerned if Kendrick or Beyonce had won for (their - not necessarily in general) subpar albums.

Can’t say it was my guess but honestly really happy for him. As dumb as it is that Beyoncé and Kendrick keep getting bypassed (honestly would’ve preferred one of them) Harry’s House is quite a good album. There have been far worse winners.
Harry Styles makes music I forget about the second it ends.

mediocre album (95% of the time by a white guy but lets ignore that for now) beats out more influential and critically acclaimed albums (that also happen to be made by non white people) just by being the "safe vote"... lets face it, if it wasn't harry it would have been adele, and if it wasn't adele it would have been fucking coldplay...

honestly part of my gut kinda wanted bad bunny to win if just because it seemed to tick all the boxes (poppy, incredibly popular, critically acclaimed), but they were too scared to put a Spanish speaker at the top

Harry Styles makes music I forget about the second it ends.

Totally your experience and fair but I don’t feel the same about either Fine Line or Harry’s House. If I’m being honest, I think if he came out of the
Indie sphere as opposed to boy band sphere folks here would be a lot kinder to his output. Not nearly as challenging or ambitious but some legit great tracks in there.

Edit: To be fair to the forum, HH was its 20th ranked album of 2022 and third among nominees, so maybe there is some love here

mediocre album (95% of the time by a white guy but lets ignore that for now) beats out more influential and critically acclaimed albums (that also happen to be made by non white people) just by being the "safe vote"... lets face it, if it wasn't harry it would have been adele, and if it wasn't adele it would have been fucking coldplay...

honestly part of my gut kinda wanted bad bunny to win if just because it seemed to tick all the boxes (poppy, incredibly popular, critically acclaimed), but they were too scared to put a Spanish speaker at the top

This I agree with almost entirely (well maybe not HH being mediocre but the rest). It’d have been an Adele or Brandi next.

If you want AotY it better be people pleasing…and if those people are old and white all the better

Last edited:
I mean, I've tried to like Harry's music. It's just ... someone said something about someone's album being like staring at a beige wall for an hour... that pretty much describes it (despite the insane boredom that would cause me)... it's just okay... not gonna turn the station if it comes on, but not gonna seek it out.

Back