The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

in other dead news. In a few months we’ll be getting a deluxe American beauty for the 50th, after that it’s a few years off before a studio album came out. I’m curious if they’ll wait for the 50th anniversary of everything else. Will we even have CD’s in 2039?

Yeah, just curious who is in charge of curating. storf wont know what real heads want, I think he tweeted he was getting into the dead’s live stuff like two months ago. If it’s Dave, then I’ll likely buy what he is selling. They’ve been re-releasing Dicks Picks recently on vinyl, I have a few and they are great. I just wonder what it would have to be for dead.net/rhino/ real gone not to choose to release it themselves
They have outsourced all the archival releases (Dick's Picks have been on Brookvale and Real Gone) on vinyl and CD is their money maker. They have had strict policies on reissues, so it will be interesting to see. The other problem is that any given live show would need to be somewhere between 4 and 6 records. And I don't see this being more than 12 lp set. And other than a compilation, you can't tell that story unless its just studio. Perhaps we see Without A Net, 4lp, be re-released? That one goes for lots of money. Europe Vol. 2? Along with Dead Set and Reckoning?

They have outsourced all the archival releases (Dick's Picks have been on Brookvale and Real Gone) on vinyl and CD is their money maker. They have had strict policies on reissues, so it will be interesting to see. The other problem is that any given live show would need to be somewhere between 4 and 6 records. And I don't see this being more than 12 lp set. And other than a compilation, you can't tell that story unless its just studio. Perhaps we see Without A Net, 4lp, be re-released? That one goes for lots of money. Europe Vol. 2? Along with Dead Set and Reckoning?
Without a Net is my white whale. I have boughten DP vinyl from both brookvale and real gone, even at early bird prices they go for well over a hundred. I imagine these will go for 300 at least, regardless what’s in it

Without a Net is my white whale. I have boughten DP vinyl from both brookvale and real gone, even at early bird prices they go for well over a hundred. I imagine these will go for 300 at least, regardless what’s in it
I'm expecting this to go for at least 300, if not pushing 400.

Perhaps a vinyl version of the So Many Roads boxset?

Perhaps a compilation of the Road Trips series? I would say that if it was something unique, I would have expect the GD machine to be behind it and the pressing quantities to be in the thousands.

Anythoughts on what albums now...mentions live in 69. I could go for Shakedown Street as a studio album though:)
That could be the Live Dead album, an essential album, but again, an album that most heads have in their collection. This and without a net make sense for the live releases that span the two ends of the spectrum. Middle period could be reckoning or dead set and then maybe Europe 72 to cover peak dead

That could be the Live Dead album, an essential album, but again, an album that most heads have in their collection. This and without a net make sense for the live releases that span the two ends of the spectrum. Middle period could be reckoning or dead set and then maybe Europe 72 to cover peak dead
If it is 1969, we could always hope for another Fillmore West show, the 30 trips edition, or something from the Ark run. I know that it's likely Live Dead but one can hope.

I would love for another Europe 72 show ..vol 2 sounds great y’all btw, a must grab

I would love for another Europe 72 show ..vol 2 sounds great y’all btw, a must grab
They released a CD box set with all the shows from this tour, it’s such a cool looking suitcase box set, and having listened to all of those, I can get behind any 72 stuff. Just curious if they will actually put out any unreleased vinyl

Depends on the live shows?

All unreleased - within hours
Some combination of unreleased and released - a few days or less
If it all previously released on vinyl live shows - longer, perhaps not at all
Depending on price I might pull the trigger on this one...I’ve been getting into the Dead more recently and don’t own any of their stuff on vinyl so I’ll keep an eye on what’s in the box and see if i think it’s worth it. I’m more intrigued knowing it’s a mix of studio albums and live shows.

Depending on price I might pull the trigger on this one...I’ve been getting into the Dead more recently and don’t own any of their stuff on vinyl so I’ll keep an eye on what’s in the box and see if i think it’s worth it. I’m more intrigued knowing it’s a mix of studio albums and live shows.
If you have been getting into them and don't own anything on vinyl, this will certainly be worth it unless it is sky high in times of price.

I’m in this same boat.

Back