The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

they should have put the reissue of the Warfield 80 acoustic sets from RSD in the box as a bigger carrot (plus I think they're better than Reckoning with the same material basically) but whatever - Dead 101. thing has its place...

Been listening to Reconstruction a lot lately. For some reason, I wasn't familiar with this Jerry side project until recently, but man does it rock

Well then...$450 is quite the price tag. I have all of these already except without a net. What are the chances they don’t sell out and the price drops?

Well then...$450 is quite the price tag. I have all of these already except without a net. What are the chances they don’t sell out and the price drops?

I'm honestly hoping this means we will just see a Without a Net repress outside of the box. Think that's the only thing a lot of fans who weren't collecting in the 90's need out of this set.

I'm not sure VMP will ever drop the price themselves. I do think it will end up for sale elsewhere.

I'm honestly hoping this means we will just see a Without a Net repress outside of the box. Think that's the only thing a lot of fans who weren't collecting in the 90's need out of this set.
I think with this being a color variant, that we'll see Without a Net get repressed on black sometime soon. There was a pretty vague IG response to someone about it--VMP said something along the lines of "these specific pressings were only made for this box" which kind of indicated to me that we'll see the last 4 in the box get a wider release on black or a different color.

Thought long and hard about buying this but passed -- with the coupon code and selling my Rhino Europe '72, I could have gotten the OOP to ~400... which is still too much. I've already got the Warfield 80 box so Reckoning is probably unnecessary. I've already been eyeing the Rhino WD/ABs to supplement my beat up originals, and I can't think of a time when I'd pull out any other studio albums before the live stuff. I can grab those Rhinos plus the MoFi Live/Dead, and then hope for a reissue of Without a Net at some point (or track down the Nassau box) and be totally happy. The rest of the Anthology didn't do much for me -- the box looks nice, but I don't love the colored vinyl here and wouldn't take advantage of the other features. Sort of surprised I'm out on this but hope that there are lots of folks that will be excited have this on their shelf.

Not sure how new this is, but just saw an article posted about it from a few days ago...archive.org created a collection of all of the live Dead shows that are on the site which amounts to over 14,000 tracks.
I've seen this floating around the past few days as well - the shows have been up for years, so I think it's just a clickbait article but glad people are finding them

I've seen this floating around the past few days as well - the shows have been up for years, so I think it's just a clickbait article but glad people are finding them
I'm guessing its from targeted ads since I've been looking at a lot of Dead vinyl haha. Wasn't sure if archive making the landing page/collection was new. I figured a lot of those files have been up on archive.org for years.

I ordered the Day of the Dead box set last week from Comeback Vinyl on discogs. Ended up paying a little over $110 shipped. It arrived yesterday and I gotta say...this thing is a beast. An awesome mix of songs and artists and the sound quality and packaging is fantastic! Highly recommend it!

I ordered the Day of the Dead box set last week from Comeback Vinyl on discogs. Ended up paying a little over $110 shipped. It arrived yesterday and I gotta say...this thing is a beast. An awesome mix of songs and artists and the sound quality and packaging is fantastic! Highly recommend it!
That version of Terrapin Station is magnificent.

These are pretty cool, but I bet they'd be a pain in the ass to keep clean.

I like to get one nice pair of shoes a year that I wear when the weathers nice. Tried for the Chunky Dunky's yesterday and missed out. Appears there is going to be three colorways of this and it's the next pair I'll be trying to snag (I want the orange). Hadn't even thought of sharing here, lol!

Back