The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

The MoFi Skulls and Roses sounds awesome. The recent Rhino reissue of Live Dead sounds great. All of their box sets sound pretty good on vinyl (I have both Fillmore West sets, Dicks Picks 8, and the Portland 74 set in addition to Cornell). I'm very familiar with their output and own most everything on either on CD or digitally if you need suggestions for quality of specific shows.
I found a sealed mofi for skulls and roses for $70...good deal?;)

I found a sealed mofi for skulls and roses for $70...good deal?;)
Yeah, I'd say it is worth that. It's a really impressive sounding MoFi in my opinion. TBH all the Dead MoFis i have are worth it the going rate (I also have the 45 rpm Workingman's, American Beauty, and Blues for Allah)

Summer Dead & Co tour cancelled. 😭 😭 😭
Unfortunate, but absolutely the right call and there was no way that they were going to tour. I highly doubt that there will be any summer tours, but as communal as Dead shows are, this would have been a disaster. Hope they're back in 2021, but I'd hate to think that I may just have seen them on their last tour in Hampton on the Fall Fun Run.

With the tour being cancelled it got me thinking about a lot of the artists who would have been following the band and selling in the lots... Came across two that I dig a lot that have switched online and aren't super expensive like Online Ceramics.

(The honey head shirt is super comfy)

(Have a Touch of Grey shirt going up in about 53 minutes)

Hope everyone is staying safe out there.

Last edited:
View attachment 45324
View attachment 45326

Along with some merch and this killer /150 print.
1588791772579.png

Along with some merch and this killer /150 print.
View attachment 45329
It’s crazy, I was just thinking how I needed a new axe. But in all seriousness, that print is sick and I’m definitely going to pick up that CD set at some point. Last few have been 1 disc short shows as extras, but a 2 and a half 71 show is too much to pass up on, even if Good Lovin is the big jam.

a 2 and a half 71 show is too much to pass up on, even if Good Lovin is the big jam.

Would have been cool to have an extended LP edition with choice cuts from the show but we will take what we can get! Hopefully they put it up to stream as well.

Would have been cool to have an extended LP edition with choice cuts from the show but we will take what we can get! Hopefully they put it up to stream as well.
A vinyl would be tight, weirdly haven’t released one with their yearly box set this year. As far as the extended CD, so far they have put them all up on streaming so I imagine they’ll continue.

A vinyl would be tight, weirdly haven’t released one with their yearly box set this year. As far as the extended CD, so far they have put them all up on streaming so I imagine they’ll continue.

The box that was supposed to come out for RSD, RSD '20 Special Release: Grateful Dead - Buffalo 5/9/77 , is going to be part of the drops they are announcing June 1st from my understanding.

RSD is announcing drops? Or GD themselves?
RSD! Since the main day got cancelled they announced 3 dates throughout the rest of the year the exclusives will be released. June 1st they are sharing details. I’ve been in contact with my local shop owner and he knows I want a copy, just has no idea how they are handling this. Shops usually already don’t know how many copies they’ll actually get, so are they wanting lines, be them smaller or not, or what? No clue but when I know more I’ll add it here.

RSD! Since the main day got cancelled they announced 3 dates throughout the rest of the year the exclusives will be released. June 1st they are sharing details. I’ve been in contact with my local shop owner and he knows I want a copy, just has no idea how they are handling this. Shops usually already don’t know how many copies they’ll actually get, so are they wanting lines, be them smaller or not, or what? No clue but when I know more I’ll add it here.
Oh that’s right. Man that seems like ages ago

Back