The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

They’ve supposedly sent me a replacement at this point. No tracking number yet and no action with any of the delivery services that is unexplained.
It's such a huge money making operation that this level of support and shipping makes no sense. Makes it seem like a case of fans buying no matter what so they get away with not fixing it. I hate that kind of business practice.

It's such a huge money making operation that this level of support and shipping makes no sense. Makes it seem like a case of fans buying no matter what so they get away with not fixing it. I hate that kind of business practice.
I’m never purchasing from them again. I’ve basically let them know this.

I received multiple canned responses that clearly demonstrated they had either not read my emails or edited the form letter accordingly.

Finally heard back from them. No offer to replace. Just a refund and a 10% off coupon code valid for 60 days for the inconvenience of not delivering my order. Extra infuriating because I can't even buy a replacement without spending double or more on discogs. @#÷!
These are still available and mine sounds incredible and both records are flat. Plus I believe it comes with free shipping.

The Orange might be a deal breaker for you. I’ll admit it’s weird, I love colored vinyl but for some reason it just feels strange for the Dead. 🤷‍♂️
Perhaps because my other 30 or so Dead records are all black.

These are still available and mine sounds incredible and both records are flat. Plus I believe it comes with free shipping.

The Orange might be a deal breaker for you. I’ll admit it’s weird, I love colored vinyl but for some reason it just feels strange for the Dead. 🤷‍♂️
Perhaps because my other 30 or so Dead records are all black.
Thanks for the link. I kinda forgot about this variant. I agree it's weird to go other than black with the dead for me too, but I did like that pinwheel one I was supposed to get.

In other news, dead.net started shipping Dave’s Picks 39 and they haven’t even announced what it is yet..

Dave Lemiuex better hurry up with his seagull-filled chat.
Was about to post about this. Anyone have any idea what the show will be?

I think they wanted to coincide subscribers receiving it with the announcement. All I can say is that given their picking history, it is unlikely to be a 73, 77, 78, 84, or 87 since those are the years of this and last year's picks.
I’m good with that. I enjoy all those years (particularly 73 and 77–crazy, I know) but always happy to get a year I don’t have as much of. I imagine we’ll hear about it next week or whenever these shipments actually get to where they are going

Was about to post about this. Anyone have any idea what the show will be?
No idea. Haven’t really even seen any rumors. But going along with what @wmeugene pointed out, wouldn’t be surprised if it was something from 68/69 or even 89/90. I’m not overly picky with them though, I’ve enjoyed just about every DP I’ve gotten.

Love 1990. My favorite post-70s year
I’m a big 70’s guy - 72, 74 and 77-78 specifically but was turned on to the late 80s/early 90s with the Giants Stadium box set. Since then I’ve really dug pretty much everything they’ve put out from that era. Would love something from 90, as I have a ton of 70s on CD at this point.

I’m a big 70’s guy - 72, 74 and 77-78 specifically but was turned on to the late 80s/early 90s with the Giants Stadium box set. Since then I’ve really dug pretty much everything they’ve put out from that era. Would love something from 90, as I have a ton of 70s on CD at this point.
Summer 90 has a lot of great, unreleased shows. I'd also love it if 4/1/91 was the pick, it's one of the best unreleased shows of the 90s.

Love the wild years of 82-86. I’ve been making my way through summer 87 recently (just wrapped the Dylan and Dead stadium run) and it’s crazy how professional they sound 1) right around the time In the Dark comes out and 2) in comparison to Dylan who’s in full “trench coat and felt beret in the summer heat” mode

I cherish my Spring 90 box set. Still think that tour is up there as far as best tours go

I cherish my Spring 90 box set. Still think that tour is up there as far as best tours go
Yeah I never really got the late 80s/early 90s era until a few years into listening to the Dead. I went hard on the 70s stuff when I first got into them and I’m not the biggest fan of Brent’s tone, but I learned to appreciate it more as I explored more of the archive. The Giants Stadium box set really did it for me, hearing those shows on CD really blew me away and made me realize why they blew up to a whole new generation in that era. The Spring 90 box and Wake Up to Find Out box set are high on my wantlist.

Yeah I never really got the late 80s/early 90s era until a few years into listening to the Dead. I went hard on the 70s stuff when I first got into them and I’m not the biggest fan of Brent’s tone, but I learned to appreciate it more as I explored more of the archive. The Giants Stadium box set really did it for me, hearing those shows on CD really blew me away and made me realize why they blew up to a whole new generation in that era. The Spring 90 box and Wake Up to Find Out box set are high on my wantlist.
I mean the 70s are the best. 73, 72, and 77 to me are the strongest years (love that coked up 78 sound also) and definitely where I spend most of my time. I don’t really listen to anything past 91, honestly. But the Wake Up to Find Out boxset rules. I got to meet Branford once and asked him about playing with the Dead and he spoke really highly of the experience. The first spring 90 boxset goes for stupid prices last I checked, but part 2 is also fantastic and can be had for a more reasonable price (I think).

Edit: never mind on the prices. Just checked eBay and the flippers are going nuts.

I mean the 70s are the best. 73, 72, and 77 to me are the strongest years (love that coked up 78 sound also) and definitely where I spend most of my time. I don’t really listen to anything past 91, honestly. But the Wake Up to Find Out boxset rules. I got to meet Branford once and asked him about playing with the Dead and he spoke really highly of the experience. The first spring 90 boxset goes for stupid prices last I checked, but part 2 is also fantastic and can be had for a more reasonable price (I think).

Edit: never mind on the prices. Just checked eBay and the flippers are going nuts.
I’m with you there. Can’t really get into anything past 91, hit or miss with the mid-80s too. But my wheelhouse is 72-78 and what I listen to most.

And yeah, a lot of those older Dead box sets have stupid asking prices, especially ones with CDs readily available (looking at you Veneta, OR)

Back