The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

That the release is likely a standalone show from the yearly GD archival box set. Here’s a brief article I found: Grateful Dead – Fox Theater, St. Louis, MO 12/10/71 on 5LP and 3CD Sets
There are some "renowned" shows from December 71 that haven't been released yet, specifically 12/5, 12/10, and 12/15. I could easily see a box set of those three shows plus one of the December Boston shows. The unreleased shows are 12/1, 12/2, 12/4, 12/5, 12/9, 12/10, 12/15, and 12/31. 8 shows is a bit much for a box set but 4 to 6 would seem to be a sweet spot.

Bingo-bango-bongo! 20-CD set from St. Louis (71-73!)

I personally don't want full shows on 5xLP, so I legit got excited when I saw there would be a 2xLP of one of the 72 shows, presumably just the highlights, until I saw that Dark Star is split between not just two sides, but two different discs. No thanks.

I personally don't want full shows on 5xLP, so I legit got excited when I saw there would be a 2xLP of one of the 72 shows, presumably just the highlights, until I saw that Dark Star is split between not just two sides, but two different discs. No thanks.
Yeah, tough decision on their part but it is a great hour+ of music and 30 minutes of it is just Dark Star. I’m all in for the box set - always a fantastic job with those and 20-CDs for $200 is not a bad deal at all these days. I’ll probably bite on the 2xLP too though, since it’s limited.

I'm still a new fan. I have the vmp box, a few mofi studio albums and skull and roses. 1 from the vault. 2 and 3 from the vault are coming. This year's rsd show and the portland show. Is this new show on vinyl a "must own" or something I'll probably be able to snag down the road if I need to scratch the itch?

I'm still a new fan. I have the vmp box, a few mofi studio albums and skull and roses. 1 from the vault. 2 and 3 from the vault are coming. This year's rsd show and the portland show. Is this new show on vinyl a "must own" or something I'll probably be able to snag down the road if I need to scratch the itch?
Die-hard fans have been itching for these shows for a while. This will be a high selling set. If you dig the 5xLP box sets and can swing it, I think it’s worth it. Ultimately it’s up to you if you think you will spin it enough.

Yeah, tough decision on their part but it is a great hour+ of music and 30 minutes of it is just Dark Star. I’m all in for the box set - always a fantastic job with those and 20-CDs for $200 is not a bad deal at all these days. I’ll probably bite on the 2xLP too though, since it’s limited.
I passed on box but grabbed 2 lp

I was really hoping that listening to the 71 and 72 shows would make me less likely to want to buy them, since I'm still pissed off at dead.net for being no help in finding or replacing my missing Skull & Roses album, but listing to these has had the opposite effect. Such killer performances: Grateful Dead Streaming - - 1971/12/10 - The Fabulous Fox Theatre

Well I've given up on dead.net and will never order from them again. Customer service is just ignoring my emails despite waiting like they asked and still having no evidence they ever actually shipped my order. Absolutely ridiculous. Probably going to have to do a charge back now.
I would try reaching out to Rhino as well as Dead.net. There's contact for Dr. Rhino (their CS) floating around out there on the website.

My experience is that they are slow and unhelpful with shipping, but will make it right long term. It's frustrating.

Well I've given up on dead.net and will never order from them again. Customer service is just ignoring my emails despite waiting like they asked and still having no evidence they ever actually shipped my order. Absolutely ridiculous. Probably going to have to do a charge back now.
They’ve supposedly sent me a replacement at this point. No tracking number yet and no action with any of the delivery services that is unexplained.

Back