The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

Not to be that guy, but vinyl is probably the worst format for the Grateful Dead. I'd highly recommend any Dead fan to get a CD player and get shows that way. Most of the big boxsets, which are definitely worth it, are CD only.

These RSD Dead releases where they spread a show out over 8 LPs are just brutal to me. Totally not the way I want to enjoy the band live.

The 2 shows i have on vinyl have been fine and I've enjoyed them 🤷‍♂️

FUN HISTORY
after the end of the USSR, Lithuania could not afford to send their basketball team to the '92 Olympics. the Grateful Dead helped sponsored them- and provided outfits in Lithuania's national colors of red, yellow, and green. the team took the bronze.

hi-res-355823_crop_north.jpg
TODT.Image8_.SarunasMarciulionis_web.jpg

1625352127166.png

These RSD Dead releases where they spread a show out over 8 LPs are just brutal to me. Totally not the way I want to enjoy the band live.
I do much prefer CDs when it comes to the Dead - the quality is still there and let’s it flow better. But I will say there are a lot of LP sides that I will spin just to hear a segment or specific jam. I rarely listen to an entire show on vinyl, but I will listen to 2-4 sides in a row. That being said, I pick and choose my Dead LPs very carefully.

I'm seriously debating getting one to put all the vinyl-only stuff on so i can take them out on hikes etc. So uh. LMK if you want to sell it.
Ha! I doubt I’d sell it. Currently it’s over 3,000 miles away and I have no clue if it is in working order but I suspect if I had it, and it was working, I would probably end up using it myself.

@Lee Newman did yours ever show up? I'm in the same boat with the tracking.
Nope. I emailed them and they sent a ba response about long times and tracking not updating till delivery. Tracking shows they haven’t sent it yet. I’ll give them another week and then I’ll hit them with that knowledge.

I'm still relatively new to the Dead scene (actually given the overwhelming breadth, I think I'll always be new to it), so this may be old news to you all, but I am enjoying going through Dead Notes which Aquarium Drunkard just re-uploaded.

I'm only a few in, but looking forward to checking out the rest. They kick them off with Pigpen doing Good Lovin' at Princeton in 1971.

Is dead.net always this slow in shipping? Does their CS always respond so generically and poorly to inquiries?
My Skull and Roses was “shipped” on 6/23. USPS stills says they haven’t received it. On 7/6 they were like shipping sucks right now. Today they were like have you tried checking UPS? in response to an email that said USPS says they don’t have it and UPS says it doesn’t exist. They then suggested I wait ten more days. Both emails were obviously canned responses. Reminds me of VMP.

Is dead.net always this slow in shipping? Does their CS always respond so generically and poorly to inquiries?
My Skull and Roses was “shipped” on 6/23. USPS stills says they haven’t received it. On 7/6 they were like shipping sucks right now. Today they were like have you tried checking UPS? in response to an email that said USPS says they don’t have it and UPS says it doesn’t exist. They then suggested I wait ten more days. Both emails were obviously canned responses. Reminds me of VMP.
Same exact response and situation here. I'm on day 7 of 10 on their wait until they said they'd look into it.

Back