The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

How are prices looking? Wondering what Lawn is going for. Hopefully you all are getting tickets, sounds like Ticketmaster is being a bit of a shitshow this morning.

Any other tour I'd just wait for Lawn seats to be half price closer to the show via stubhub, but I have no idea how the secondary market will look post covid.

I have a theory that pent up demand is going to make everything a shit show to buy out of the gate, but people will settle back into life and buying tickets several months out in a lot of cases is going to shift to a lot of tix available on the secondary market later on this year

Well that presale was a shitshow.

My total group for the Blossom show is 5 people, and there was a 4 ticket limit. Another person was getting 4 with their code and I was getting 1 as close as I could to the others. They had 4 in their cart and I got a single directly next to them. Went through the cart and got my confirmation after a long time of spinning spinning spinning... But WAIT! The other person's 4 ticket order errored out and now their presale code wasn't working to attempt again. And neither was mine to buy the 3 tickets I should have had remaining. Well crap, guess I'm sitting alone. Fast forward to nearly 40 MINUTES LATER when they tried again and saw the same seats were still available. Tried checking out. Nada with their code. Tried a code for a different city altogether. It worked and they got their confirmation.

So we're all sitting together and everything fine, save for that rollercoaster of emotions. Thanks Ticketmaster.

Decided against trying for Indy and have a hookup for the Cincy show so not doing THAT again.

Came across this heroically long and detailed blog/essay from about 10 years ago about Dick Latvala and the history behind how Dick's Picks and the Vault came to exist and evolved. Fascinating stuff. Perhaps some of you have read it or know the history already but for folks who are interested: Here
Thanks for the read and welcome to the forum 🍺

Came across this heroically long and detailed blog/essay from about 10 years ago about Dick Latvala and the history behind how Dick's Picks and the Vault came to exist and evolved. Fascinating stuff. Perhaps some of you have read it or know the history already but for folks who are interested: Here
That was a good read. I wasn't familiar with how Dick's Picks came to be but the whole story is just about what you'd expect it to be, given the Dead's way of dealing with things. Thanks for posting it!

Back