The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

Yep been out for preorder for about 1-2 weeks now ;)

I only have Blues and Mars Mofi but they both sound incredible. Though I don't have anything to compare them to. I've never had another copy of either.
I’ve been considering getting the MoFi’s but with nice originals of most 70’s Dead albums I’ve been wondering if it’s worth it. Might have to take the plunge and find out after your comment.

Spinning the Garcia Live Vol. 14 at the moment and man does it sound fantastic. There’s a real organic beauty in Jerry’s acoustic playing that’s always deeply satisfying. Especially on this gorgeous Friday morning.

Hope you all have a Grate weekend! 💀🌹✌❤

I’ve been considering getting the MoFi’s but with nice originals of most 70’s Dead albums I’ve been wondering if it’s worth it. Might have to take the plunge and find out after your comment.

Spinning the Garcia Live Vol. 14 at the moment and man does it sound fantastic. There’s a real organic beauty in Jerry’s acoustic playing that’s always deeply satisfying. Especially on this gorgeous Friday morning.

Forgot to pop back in with my thoughts. My copy was flat and flawless. Really enjoy the "When I Paint My Masterpiece", "Oh Babe, It Ain't No Lie" and "Spike Driver Blues". Really solid set and worth the pick up, sticker said limited to 5,000.

here to third GarciaLive 14's beauty and awesomeness. 1986 is probably my least favorite Dead/Dead-adjacent year of the 80s but this one is a fantastic release. Usually not a fan of any document of Jerry and John hanging out, but love this one.

I don't have any OGs to compare to, but I recently bought Workingman's Dead 45RPM, American Beauty (1979 MoFi pressing) and I have Mars Hotel (1984 MoFi pressing) on the way. WMD and American Beauty sound fantastic to me. Maybe others can speak to how they compare to the OGs but I'm really happy with the MoFis.

I don't have any OGs to compare to, but I recently bought Workingman's Dead 45RPM, American Beauty (1979 MoFi pressing) and I have Mars Hotel (1984 MoFi pressing) on the way. WMD and American Beauty sound fantastic to me. Maybe others can speak to how they compare to the OGs but I'm really happy with the MoFis.

I've had both MoFi pressings of American Beauty and the recent non-mofi repress. The latest Mofi sounded best to my ears. I've had a mofi live/dead and the recent resissue and I found the recent reissue much better -- my mofi press of live/dead was pretty good TBH but it definitely showed it's age; the new presses have been pretty good IMO. This may have been posted before, but it's worth reading if you haven't seen it before and you're curious about the differences:

I've had both MoFi pressings of American Beauty and the recent non-mofi repress. The latest Mofi sounded best to my ears. I've had a mofi live/dead and the recent resissue and I found the recent reissue much better -- my mofi press of live/dead was pretty good TBH but it definitely showed it's age; the new presses have been pretty good IMO. This may have been posted before, but it's worth reading if you haven't seen it before and you're curious about the differences:

That's our very own @Btsvinylfarm I believe.

i was looking for that one and i couldn't find it, it's still a good read too

some collabs are so dumb

because I'd buy the Cubs one if it wasn't nearly $200. steal your base.

your watch just really hates baseball or jealous of the needlepoint?
Well it still hasn't come home so I can't answer this. But I'll text it...

EDIT: Okay so this is all I got back-
"I HAVE STANDARDS YOU FOP. Also I took the car."

EDIT EDIT: Oh fuck it took my credit cards too.

Back