The Good Ol' Grateful Thread

Just found this on Amazon Germany for a heck of a deal
Pretty pumped about it:)
tenor.gif

Well...after shipping it was around $125...take a gander at other prices it’s going for :)

I’m also a sucker for scarlet begonias going into fire on the mountain😂
I have weirdly found a bunch of good deals on german amazon. I got that Childish Gambino Awaken My Love box set for like $20 shipped or something crazy awhile back hah

I have weirdly found a bunch of good deals on german amazon. I got that Childish Gambino Awaken My Love box set for like $20 shipped or something crazy awhile back hah
I have too...grabbed the colored strokes is this it? A few months ago after it had been sold out over here

Hey, Grateful Dead fans…ready for another vinyl adventure? We thought so! Except this time instead of surveying the ‘70s like we did with our first two Dead LP sets (Dick’s Picks Vols. 24 & 34), we really wanted to travel back to the band’s ‘60s beginnings for our next multi-record magnum opus…and boy, did we “pick” the right shows!​

Recorded but a few months after the shows that formed Live Dead, and featuring a spellbinding version of the “Dark Star”/”St. Stephen”/”The Eleven” medley that was that album’s centerpiece, Dick’s Picks Vol. 26 —4/26/69 Electric Theater, Chicago, IL 4/27/69 Labor Temple Minneapolis, MN stands as a worthy counterpoint to what is one of the greatest “official” live albums in rock ‘n’ roll history. Add in the fact it also captures the band working on material for the forthcoming album Aoxomoxoa—including an incredible version of “Mountains of the Moon”—and serves up a real live Dead rarity with a rendition of Jimmy Reed’s “I Know It’s a Sin,” and this is a Pick that’s clearly worthy, one, of coming out on vinyl, and, two, of some special treatment when it does! Which is a challenge we at Real Gone Music relished; so, in addition to re-printing Bear’s notes from the original CD release on the LP insert, we enlisted Bear’s son Starfinder Stanley to provide some added context on behalf of the Owsley Stanley Foundation, from whence the tapes for these shows come. And speaking of those tapes, this 4-LP set is mastered for vinyl by Jeffrey Norman at Mockingbird Mastering, with lacquers cut by Jeff Powell, who got his start at Memphis’ legendary Ardent Studios and has worked with everybody from Bob Dylan to Gregg Allman to Irma Thomas. Pressed on 180-gram vinyl at Furnace Record Pressing, the whisper-quiet test pressings were approved by engineer Jeffrey Norman, Dead archivist David Lemieux, and Real Gone’s own Gordon Anderson, so the audio experience that awaits is truly a cut above.

As for the packaging, each of the four LPs is housed inside a polyvinyl sleeve carefully nestled (with extra padding!) inside a two-piece hardshell box with insert. We are only pressing 1500 hand-numbered copies of Dick’s Picks Vol. 26; if prior experience is any guide, they will not last long! And you, our dear Real Gone customers, are getting first crack at these babies before they go to regular retail, and at $45 off retail list price to boot. So drink deep…they are in stock and ready to ship!​

Hey, Grateful Dead fans…ready for another vinyl adventure? We thought so! Except this time instead of surveying the ‘70s like we did with our first two Dead LP sets (Dick’s Picks Vols. 24 & 34), we really wanted to travel back to the band’s ‘60s beginnings for our next multi-record magnum opus…and boy, did we “pick” the right shows!​

Recorded but a few months after the shows that formed Live Dead, and featuring a spellbinding version of the “Dark Star”/”St. Stephen”/”The Eleven” medley that was that album’s centerpiece, Dick’s Picks Vol. 26 —4/26/69 Electric Theater, Chicago, IL 4/27/69 Labor Temple Minneapolis, MN stands as a worthy counterpoint to what is one of the greatest “official” live albums in rock ‘n’ roll history. Add in the fact it also captures the band working on material for the forthcoming album Aoxomoxoa—including an incredible version of “Mountains of the Moon”—and serves up a real live Dead rarity with a rendition of Jimmy Reed’s “I Know It’s a Sin,” and this is a Pick that’s clearly worthy, one, of coming out on vinyl, and, two, of some special treatment when it does! Which is a challenge we at Real Gone Music relished; so, in addition to re-printing Bear’s notes from the original CD release on the LP insert, we enlisted Bear’s son Starfinder Stanley to provide some added context on behalf of the Owsley Stanley Foundation, from whence the tapes for these shows come. And speaking of those tapes, this 4-LP set is mastered for vinyl by Jeffrey Norman at Mockingbird Mastering, with lacquers cut by Jeff Powell, who got his start at Memphis’ legendary Ardent Studios and has worked with everybody from Bob Dylan to Gregg Allman to Irma Thomas. Pressed on 180-gram vinyl at Furnace Record Pressing, the whisper-quiet test pressings were approved by engineer Jeffrey Norman, Dead archivist David Lemieux, and Real Gone’s own Gordon Anderson, so the audio experience that awaits is truly a cut above.

As for the packaging, each of the four LPs is housed inside a polyvinyl sleeve carefully nestled (with extra padding!) inside a two-piece hardshell box with insert. We are only pressing 1500 hand-numbered copies of Dick’s Picks Vol. 26; if prior experience is any guide, they will not last long! And you, our dear Real Gone customers, are getting first crack at these babies before they go to regular retail, and at $45 off retail list price to boot. So drink deep…they are in stock and ready to ship!​
Tempting for sure
Edit: Grabbed

Last edited:

I'm in for this. Real Gone has done well so far and the $45 off is a nice bonus as I've paid premium for one or two of the others in after market.

I'm in for this. Real Gone has done well so far and the $45 off is a nice bonus as I've paid premium for one or two of the others in after market.
Yea price doesn’t seem too bad although the $45 off seems like a page out of the VMP anthology playbook haha. I like Real Gone though and pricing doesn’t seem bad! Only downside is it seems some songs span two sides of a disc but that’s just the nature of live Dead on vinyl it seems...

Yea price doesn’t seem too bad although the $45 off seems like a page out of the VMP anthology playbook haha. I like Real Gone though and pricing doesn’t seem bad! Only downside is it seems some songs span two sides of a disc but that’s just the nature of live Dead on vinyl it seems...
Yeah, I’ve bought endless Dead on vinyl for this reason. Also don’t know if I need two love lights. This is cool and I’ll probably grab, but don’t know how often I’ll spin honestly

Oh shit 💸💸💸💸

And if you missed this before....

Oh shit 💸💸💸💸

All backordered - Was it ever on sale?

Oh shit 💸💸💸💸

Sooo the question is...did you all buy them?😂😂

My Dick's Picks 26 arrived today. Looks like a good package - got #1392/1500.

I'm in my Grateful Dead section of spinning my whole collection this year so hoping to have this on the table soon.

EDIT: 1500 not 15000

Last edited:
Back