The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

I certainly have no affinity for Houston being from Dallas but it was pretty sweet karma for the Titans to lose to the Texans in OT after the franchise chose to wear Oilers uniforms. Not only did you steal away their history, you then taunt them and it blew up in your sub .500 face. Sweet unis though.
LOL! I was explaining to my SO this was why I was irrationally rooting for the Texans today. The Oilers should belong to the fans of Houston not to shithead owner Bud Adams.

Late from Saturday, but another win for Jake Browning. Three in a row. A path to the postseason remains possible.

I get it. He's had some lucky bounces and a talented cast of WR talent. But what cannot be understated is that his decision making has been great. His accuracy, probably his most impressive skill, has rivaled Burrow's in the past few seasons.

Two division games left with KC sandwiched in between. Need two out of three. Being 0-4 in the division currently has been brutal for tiebreaker scenarios.

Also, my goodness, how can Tee Higgins's goal line grab + arm extension NOT be a catch of the year candidate, considering the must-win implications for playoff hopes?

It's going to hurt seeing him in another jersey next year. He deserves his money.

Late from Saturday, but another win for Jake Browning. Three in a row. A path to the postseason remains possible.

I get it. He's had some lucky bounces and a talented cast of WR talent. But what cannot be understated is that his decision making has been great. His accuracy, probably his most impressive skill, has rivaled Burrow's in the past few seasons.

Two division games left with KC sandwiched in between. Need two out of three. Being 0-4 in the division currently has been brutal for tiebreaker scenarios.

Also, my goodness, how can Tee Higgins's goal line grab + arm extension NOT be a catch of the year candidate, considering the must-win implications for playoff hopes?

It's going to hurt seeing him in another jersey next year. He deserves his money.

He’s been great. Just curious, being that you’re an Oregon guy are you anti-Husky?

He's been great. Just curious, being that you’re an Oregon guy are you anti-Husky?
There's won't be a PAC-12 next year, so no. I don't care where Jake played in college; all that matters is him making an effort to helping the Bengals get a win each week.

I should have believed him when he mentioned that he's won at every level; he has. Learning under Joe over these past few years can't have been anything but a huge boon to his decision making. If anything, this is his shot to earn a starting job on another team in 2024. Only four games of full starter tape, but what is there is promising.

How I'm feeling today.

giphy.gif

Wow, first division title in 30 years for the Lions. Campbell and Holmes have built something, and I'm hoping it's a lasting thing.
Congrats! It’s was a good football weekend. The Bears won, The Lions won the division, the Packers won (barely but vs. Carolina so it was the one time all year I was rooting for them) and The Cowboys lost. The Bears just need the Panthers to lose one of their last two to lock up the #1 pick for the second straight year.

During the second quarter I asked a buddy of mine (who happens to be a huge Cowboys fan) how much Jerry Jones gives the officiating crews each year. That game had to be rigged.
I'm spending too much time on it this morning but man, it's blatant. The flag was thrown more than 60 seconds after the play ended. They talked and found a way to reverse it. If this was a playoff game I'd be really really pissed.

I'm spending too much time on it this morning but man, it's blatant. The flag was thrown more than 60 seconds after the play ended. They talked and found a way to reverse it. If this was a playoff game I'd be really really pissed.
Yeah, we were watching it live, well I was, my SO was messing around on her laptop and the ending was so amazing that I pointed it to her how bonkers it was and after my rather long winded explanation of the play the flag finally popped up. I was like oops, Nevermind.

I hope the Lions get the Cowboys in Detroit and absolutely crush them.

Back