The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Where is my Bills Mafia? What a win, in spite of ourselves...story of the season really. Hard to believe we ended up winning the division after all of the missed opportunities, but here we are.

that win gave them a really comfortable matchup in the wc round against the weakest team still in the competition

that win gave them a really comfortable matchup in the wc round against the weakest team still in the competition
At home no less. The alternative was traveling right back to Miami. And now, the Dolphins have to go play the Chiefs in Arrowhead. The Bills will be home second round as well, so they have a pretty solid path to the AFC Championship if they can get their act together.

On a related note, it is going to be bitter cold across the U.S. this weekend, which could be a factor in several games.

On a related note, it is going to be bitter cold across the U.S. this weekend, which could be a factor in several games.
i always imagine that being a way bigger factor than for instance in european soccer leagues , because here the teams come all from very similar climate zones within a league and all play outdoors. in soccer bad weather will normally effect the technically more able teams a little more becase snow and cold make everything more arbitrary while in football it also has very diffrent efeects on running vs passing teams

I know I'm biased as a Seahawks super-fan, but you can't watch Pete's farewell press conference without acknowledging what a class act he is. Emotional, poignant, inspiring. I know change is inevitable (and it's probably time) but I'm really going to miss him.

Not a Hawks fan but living in the area I have a ton of respect for the organization that he and John Schneider built and it gives me, as a Bears fan hope that one day, they’ll get their shit together. I am bummed Saban chose to announce his retirement today to overshadow Pete departure. He is a class act and deserves the full attention of the sports news cycle.

Wow, did not see a blowout coming in that Cowboys Packers game. Packers are good, but Dallas seemed totally broken today.

We're up next. Hoping Staffy doesn't crush our city's hopes and dreams...

It starts at the top. No one that's decent is going to willingly sign up to work for a meddling owner who fancies himself as a football man/GM.
As a Cowboys hater I would love to watch Jerry Jones and Belichick battle egos for a season. It feels like it would be an absolute disaster in the most entertaining way possible.

Back