The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

I guess maybe I like the pick for a couple reasons. Keep in mind, I am a Bears fan so I have a bit o an outsider perspective. First you are draft a very athletic yet very raw QB who, will hopefully, given the Eagles current situation, be given plenty of time to develop. He also fits with the offense Pederson runs meaning you don’t have to change much when Wentz gets hurt again. In the mean time you have a back up QB that is on the roster that can actually contribute to your offense (most back qb do nothing more than take up a roster spot and hold a clipboard) best case scenario is he becomes an H Back type player that can run, pass and throw the ball while still providing protection if injury does occur. I think it will be a good addition and something the rest of the NFC East will have to account for.
I agree with most of this, however they have too many other needs to take a backup in the 2nd round. Especially when there are quality Wrs and CBs (two positions they desperately need) still on the board

I agree with most of this, however they have too many other needs to take a backup in the 2nd round. Especially when there are quality Wrs and CBs (two positions they desperately need) still on the board
They did pick up a WR in the 1st and yeah there were still decent CB’s avaible (Like the one the Bears picked up 3 picks later hopefully) but maybe they are not super worried about Dak Prescott and Daniel Jones arm as much as they were about having a Viable backup for Wentz.

I guess maybe I like the pick for a couple reasons. Keep in mind, I am a Bears fan so I have a bit o an outsider perspective. First you are draft a very athletic yet very raw QB who, will hopefully, given the Eagles current situation, be given plenty of time to develop. He also fits with the offense Pederson runs meaning you don’t have to change much when Wentz gets hurt again. In the mean time you have a back up QB that is on the roster that can actually contribute to your offense (most back qb do nothing more than take up a roster spot and hold a clipboard) best case scenario is he becomes an H Back type player that can run, pass and throw the ball while still providing protection if injury does occur. I think it will be a good addition and something the rest of the NFC East will have to account for.
You must be higher on Hurts than I am because I don't see any positive impact in year 1 and look at him as a developmental QB. And agree with @Woob_woob that there are much bigger holes on the roster than backup QB.

I feel you

Hey I feel GB is having a bad draft so far, but at least Rodgers is 36 with only 2 more practical years on his contract instead of his giant extension just about to kick in like Wentz's at age 27.

You must be higher on Hurts than I am because I don't see any positive impact in year 1 and look at him as a developmental QB. And agree with @Woob_woob that there are much bigger holes on the roster than backup QB.

Hey I feel GB is having a bad draft so far, but at least Rodgers is 36 with only 2 more practical years on his contract instead of his giant extension just about to kick in like Wentz's at age 27.
Oh there's definitely some sense in it, but fans were just hoping for something to get us over the hump of the few power house offenses in the NFC for this year. Then we again miss out on the stacked wr class in the 2nd round to draft a rb that we already have no issues at. Im thinking more today though how we can run some nice 2rb sets with this Aj Dillon and Aaron Jones...then still have Jamal Williams to give them rest. It's definitely another way to open up the passing game as well without getting something there. Unless they think Devin Funchess is going to be some sort of surprise this year.

Oh there's definitely some sense in it, but fans were just hoping for something to get us over the hump of the few power house offenses in the NFC for this year. Then we again miss out on the stacked wr class in the 2nd round to draft a rb that we already have no issues at. Im thinking more today though how we can run some nice 2rb sets with this Aj Dillon and Aaron Jones...then still have Jamal Williams to give them rest. It's definitely another way to open up the passing game as well without getting something there. Unless they think Devin Funchess is going to be some sort of surprise this year.
Yeah I thought maybe it was a good sign that GB admitted that they kind of over-achieved last year, but the commitment to the run stuff is more concerning than not. Really should have invested in some pass catchers.

They did pick up a WR in the 1st and yeah there were still decent CB’s avaible (Like the one the Bears picked up 3 picks later hopefully) but maybe they are not super worried about Dak Prescott and Daniel Jones arm as much as they were about having a Viable backup for Wentz.
Yes they picked a WR in round 1, but it's such a hole on this team that I would have been fine if they went WR both rounds. Also your Bears picked before the Eagles, so the CB they picked was already gone. I really wanted Kristian Fulton, who went to Tennessee and might have been the steal of the draft. Prescott and Jones dont bother me in the slightest, but there are plenty of other great QBs in the NFC that do.

Yes they picked a WR in round 1, but it's such a hole on this team that I would have been fine if they went WR both rounds. Also your Bears picked before the Eagles, so the CB they picked was already gone. I really wanted Kristian Fulton, who went to Tennessee and might have been the steal of the draft.
Completely agree about Fulton, also duh, yeah the Bears did pick before the Eagles, I think I receive the results in that order (as Hurts was the bigger story) so that’s how my brain processed it.

giphy.gif

If baseball is pushing through you can bet that the NFL will too. Its going to start imo, but will most likely be a mess unless they do some sort of bubble
I imagine there is way too much money on the line for them to cancel it all together (as sad as that is to admit).

Personally I think the NFL should start the year with 4 bubbles. Every year an NFC Division plays an AFC division (NFC East plays all of the AFC North this year) so bubble those opposing divisons together on a neutral field and get all of your division games and cross conference games out of the way first in a safer environment. Each bubble could play 2 saturday games and 2 sunday games. If the country looks better after 10 games then play out the remaining 6 games either in stadiums or rebubble teams for the last 6.

Three days ago Stafford (among many others) was placed on the Covid list, which means that he was either positive or exposed to someone positive. This morning I read a report that Stafford is indeed Covid positive. It could be a rumor or unfounded, but either way it's scary. His wife had brain surgery last year, and they just had a baby (their 4th) this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he opted out this year. I'm already thinking that whatever this season becomes, it's going to be a mess for so many teams.

So, Stafford's test was a false positive, with three negatives tests backing that up. My question now is; what happens during the season if this happens? (to anyone, on any team) A positive test on Saturday, out for Sunday's game, then comes info that it was a false positive on Monday. That will certainly affect the outcomes of games. Man, this season could be a mess.

Back