The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

I know it's been known for a while but I'm pumped for officially adding Chase Young! Buckeyes East are gonna have a great defensive front this year (which hopefully will make up for not having any CBs haha)

@blissfullychaotic , what do you think ?

I honestly could not believe the Giants did not select him, I also thought for sure the Jags were going to take him and then he just fell in our lap! This was exactly who I wanted us to take, ever since we lost Joe we lost a significant chunk of talent on the Oline, I feel like we just put ourselves in a position to win the division with this pick, we don't even need to worry about trading for Trent Williams now

looks solid, hopefully the transition to the left side works out.
not sure about the division thing though.
safety next ?

edit: i also feel that this was the guy they really wanted
According to our GM, there is 'no difference' between the left and the right haha so only time will tell. I think getting a FS would be smart in the second or third round, Xavier Mckinney, could be a good pickup or maybe even Grant Delpit, I'm not entirely sold on Antoine Winfield Jr. due to his injury history, so I think if McKinney is gone, I think we gamble and take a WR Tee Higgins

No real surprises in the first 7 or 8 picks.
The Lions had been linked to Okudah forever, but there was chatter about them maybe being able to move down and still get him. They were in a weird spot at #3 though. They couldn't really bluff that they were taking Tua with them so firmly and vocally committed to Staffy, so Miami had no need to move to #3 and it seems the Chargers knew they'd be able to grab Herbert at #6.

I hope Okudah turns out to be a stud, but third overall seems so early for a CB.

Mixed feelings on the Packers going QB. It's a good pickup as we're at the time to groom a new one under Rodgers, but I'd also like to see the Packers go all out in winning right now. A backup QB is not gonna help them not get killed by the 49ers twice in a year.
Also, you likely just super pissed off Rodgers.

Mixed feelings on the Packers going QB. It's a good pickup as we're at the time to groom a new one under Rodgers, but I'd also like to see the Packers go all out in winning right now. A backup QB is not gonna help them not get killed by the 49ers twice in a year.

i get that they need to replace the guy somehow one day, but damn, you went 13-3 last year, build on that...
hopefully this works out long term then :)

two more incoming . what do you think about them ? Delpit and Phillips
Delpit may end up being the steal of the draft. even though he won the Thorpe this past season, he had a definite drop off in tackling and quickness. I think that's what led to him dropping so far. BUT, his ankle was hurt most of the year. He really turned it on in the last five or six games of the year and went back to being the anchor and tone setter of our defense.

I'm not sure about Phillips. Not that he isn't good, he's just still pretty raw. He's one of the handful of Tigers that parlayed the team's success this year into being a draft pick. He's an athletic freak and may have been the most sure handed tackler on the team. Not much is getting by him. He's not a big sack guy though. It will be fun to watch him develop at the next level. I think with his athleticism, he can become a very very strong pro linebacker.

It's gonna be a lot of fun watching these two and Greedy do battle with Joey Burrow twice a year.

@Woob_woob It will be fun to see what fun way Pederson uses Jaylen Hurts next year.
I both love and hate this pick. Mostly hate because there were still some guys on the board that could actually help this team out. Eagles have always loved a good QB stash and trade tho.

The Hurts pick stinks man. Best case scenario is he plays 15 snaps a game while taking a better player off the field? Use pick 53 when you have other glaring holes on the roster and no other picks in the top 100? Baffling stuff.

The Hurts pick stinks man. Best case scenario is he plays 15 snaps a game while taking a better player off the field? Use pick 53 when you have other glaring holes on the roster and no other picks in the top 100? Baffling stuff.
Yea I hate the Taysom Hill comparison, the situations are completely different. Wentz is 27, not 40+ like Brees. Also Hill was undrafted, I dont even think The Saints would spend a 2 on Hill knowing all they know now. So yes I hate that they spent a 2 on Hurts, but that's about the only thing I really dislike about it. Would have much preferred Mims, Dobbins, or Fulton. If Howie wasnt on the hot seat before, he sure is now.

Best case situation imo is you trade him for a 1+ in 4 years

Last edited:
Yea I hate the Taysom Hill comparison, the situations are completely different. Wentz is 27, not 40+ like Brees. Also Hill was undrafted, I dont even think The Saints would spend a 2 on Hill knowing all they know now. So yes I hate that they spent a 2 on Hurts, but that's about the only thing I really dislike about it. Would have much preferred Mims, Dobbins, or Fulton. If Howie wasnt on the hot seat before, he sure is now.

Best case situation imo is you trade him for a 1+ in 4 years
Best case scenario is a positive ROI 4 years from now

Best case scenario is a positive ROI 4 years from now
Which if it happens I'm fine with the pick. Maybe its years of the process, but I'm usually ok with pushing back draft capital in years where you dont have a chance to win. The Eagles are borderline, but I dont see them winning anything in the next 3-5 years anyway

I guess maybe I like the pick for a couple reasons. Keep in mind, I am a Bears fan so I have a bit o an outsider perspective. First you are draft a very athletic yet very raw QB who, will hopefully, given the Eagles current situation, be given plenty of time to develop. He also fits with the offense Pederson runs meaning you don’t have to change much when Wentz gets hurt again. In the mean time you have a back up QB that is on the roster that can actually contribute to your offense (most back qb do nothing more than take up a roster spot and hold a clipboard) best case scenario is he becomes an H Back type player that can run, pass and throw the ball while still providing protection if injury does occur. I think it will be a good addition and something the rest of the NFC East will have to account for.

Back