The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

NFL Geeks - help me win $320 so I can buy some grailz! I need to win my Pick-Em contest - straight up picks only. I'm up 4 points. If you've got the time, let me know your picks for this week! If not, wish me luck!

My current picks: Buffalo, Cleveland, Green Bay, KC, Chicago, NE, Tampa, NO, Dallas, Denver, LAR, Philly, Indy, Pitt, Tenn, SF

i hope the Browns wont cost you your record money.

well i kinda knew they would let you down @scotthilk . Bengals showed some heart unlike the other team.
Baker looked terrible again and i can fairly easy predict 75% of his Ints pre play. he has not made any progress.
i was expecting an 8-8 season .

ill be back talking Browns when the preseason starts until then lets talk NFL .now let the fire & hire begin, draft a qb or not whatever. its the same ole and they wont get it right anyways.

im excited about the playoffs and think ill jump the Bills bandwagon again !

well i kinda knew they would let you down @scotthilk . Bengals showed some heart unlike the other team.
Baker looked terrible again and i can fairly easy predict 75% of his Ints pre play. he has not made any progress.
i was expecting an 8-8 season .

ill be back talking Browns when the preseason starts until then lets talk NFL .now let the fire & hire begin, draft a qb or not whatever. its the same ole and they wont get it right anyways.

im excited about the playoffs and think ill jump the Bills bandwagon again !

All good! I just clinched a win! Time to spend money!

Looks like Cleveland used the can opener on Kitchens. Thoughts @blissfullychaotic @BazookaTooth?

Very nice.

Oh man, what a whirlwind of a season, I wanted to be wrong about us winning 6 games but there was something about this offseason that had major letdown written all over it. I loved Kitchens the OC and really wanted him to succeed, I was even on the don't fire bandwagon. However after watching us crumble in the final half of the season, especially when playoff chances were still alive made me begin to question his hold of the team. Then, when I learned Monkin (a highly respected OC) was not given a chance to call plays I began to shift to the fire'em wagon.

I think what hurts the most is having the leading rusher get only 13 touches against the worst run d in the league, causing him to lose the rushing title. That one stings more than it should have. Two 1,000yrd receivers, a 1,500 yrd rusher and only 6 wins. I think what sealed the deal was Kitchens had the FO's trust but after seeing no progress and no real improvements they had to make the tough choice and win now, with the team we had we had the potential to do great things. We need to focus on O-Line this offseason and get a a LB or DB and hope Garret can come back at the start of the season,

It will now be another year with a drama filled offseason ahead of us, this sucks because we are once again in the market for a HC. I hear DePodesta is going to have more control this time and he wanted the Vikings OC last year but I bet we go with a more playoff experienced HC (McCarthy).

Looks like Cleveland used the can opener on Kitchens. Thoughts @blissfullychaotic @BazookaTooth?

Very nice.

i dont have much to add to what @blissfullychaotic said. im also tired of this coaching searches and all that stuff so ill try not to follow it. i dont really care who theyll hire.
there was a decent write up on the kitchens thing on the athletic that i can forward you if you want. i dont think they had another choice.
the thing is that if the ownership gets too involved again, things will turn even worse again.

Happy to see Andy Dalton go out with a win in probably his last start as a Bengal. I hope someone else picks him up when we draft Burrow (please god). He deserved better.

My in-laws were all pro-firing Kitchens. I think Mayfield's lack of progress this year speaks mostly to coaching and not to lack of talent. Dude can sling, and he's got the receivers to sling to.

Yeah yeah yeah, the Panthers are our rivals. But I never heard anything but good things about Ron Rivera. My advice to you, Ron, is this:

RUN AS FAR AWAY AS FAST AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN FROM THAT OFFER FROM THE WASHINGTON DC FOOTBALL TEAM. RUN AND NEVER EVER LOOK BACK!

Seriously, that organization is a cancer to anyone's career.

Just my two cents. My thought is that the reason the Browns aren't good isn't coaching, it is the fact that they have a locker room full of me first personalities. They have no leaders in my opnion.

Back