The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

Yep, he sounds like the can't miss QB this year, I hope he is a stud for you guys. The Lions will likely miss on Chase Young and probably grab an OT or OG because you know, the run game. Meanwhile the defense is about to set a franchise record for futility.
Young has been tossing around possibly staying another year in college which would throw a wrench in the plans of whoever was gonna win that sweepstakes.

Niners vs Seahawks next Sunday night in Seattle should be an epic game...winner gets a bye and loser has to head to Philly or Dallas for a Wildcard game. Crazy stuff.

The Niners are so banged up on defense right now and REALLY could use a week off. Plus home field throughout the playoffs at Levi's doesn't suck, either.

Niners vs Seahawks next Sunday night in Seattle should be an epic game...winner gets a bye and loser has to head to Philly or Dallas for a Wildcard game. Crazy stuff.

The Niners are so banged up on defense right now and REALLY could use a week off. Plus home field throughout the playoffs at Levi's doesn't suck, either.
This really bodes well for me in the fantasy finals. I think the only player that I have on my team that will be rested (and prob just out due to injury) is Mark Ingram.

That being said, it looks like my Seahawks won't have Carson for the remainder of the season. :(

Rumor has it they are signing Beast Mode. Beast Mode scares me.

Yeah, that could be interesting.

Normally, I would be rooting hard for a big win in this game as home field has always been a huge advantage in Seattle. However, this year they are only 4-3 at home this year. The week off would be nice as per usual, but even if they have to go to Philly/Dallas for a wildcard game I don't think it diminishes their opportunity (barring any more big injuries, of course).

The Niners definitely need the week off badly. It's a recipe for a great final Sunday Nighter to the season.

Bengals almost bungled losing against the Dolphins yesterday. I was driving from Akron -> Cincy and started when the game, I thought, was out of hand. Then, my buddy texts me when they tied it up and I listened on the radio in horror for the rest of the game and OT. Thank the good lord they lost. 1st pick 2020 here we come!

We acheived our goal ❤

But you are right...I can't even think of where to start with needs. Probably worst OL unit in the league, worst LB unit, and aging DL with players who should've been dealt before the trade deadline (Dunlap, Atkins). I have faith in some of the skill positions, particularly Boyd.
I am uncertain how Zack Taylor will improve next year, but obviously the W-L record doesn't matter for the next two years. But you are right, the #1 pick must be used to secure Joe Burrow for our long-term future.

The Saints playoff picture is some sort of rubik's cube/algorithm/pythagorean theory calculation. All I know is that they are in the playoffs. And that the 49ers, Packers and Seahawks all need to lose this weekend. And the Saints need to win. All possible, right? Sure. Who Dat!

The Saints playoff picture is some sort of rubik's cube/algorithm/pythagorean theory calculation. All I know is that they are in the playoffs. And that the 49ers, Packers and Seahawks all need to lose this weekend. And the Saints need to win. All possible, right? Sure. Who Dat!
I just came in here to get crunk.

You hush! Lol.

Is he not a saints fan? He's from Magnolia!

I always assumed he was trying to start some pointless beef with Wiz Khalifa (who cares?) back when the Steelers were in the bowl vs. the Pack and lost. Still, regardless of ones fandom, we must acknowledge the black and yellow remix with the reverence it deserves.

NFL Geeks - help me win $320 so I can buy some grailz! I need to win my Pick-Em contest - straight up picks only. I'm up 4 points. If you've got the time, let me know your picks for this week! If not, wish me luck!

My current picks: Buffalo, Cleveland, Green Bay, KC, Chicago, NE, Tampa, NO, Dallas, Denver, LAR, Philly, Indy, Pitt, Tenn, SF

Back