The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

The Evil Empire has been taken down. Who knew that giving the rushing champion Derrick Henry 35 touches would work well?

Happy for @Twentytwo and other Titans fans here.

There is literally no one like him in the NFL. He's just a freak. I'm a Bama fan so I saw what he could do in college as well. Think it will be tough sledding for the Titans against Baltimore but who knows.

Well damn. I wanted the Eagles to win because of Zach Ertz (married to a 2x world champion). I wanted the Bills to win because my cousin in law is from Buffalo. I am thrilled the Titans won. I am obvi not pleased about the Saints but Drew did that to himself. Horrible game. Good on Kirk Cousins though. Very happy to see a former Washington Football team QB actually not completely destroyed by that damn team.

So here's who I'm rooting for going forward -

Packers to win this next round but then go down to the 49ers
Chiefs same but swap in Ravens
49ers - I want Kirk to have a great game so that the loss can not be blamed on him. But the 49ers deserve to be in the SB this year.
Ravens - LSU alum making cajuns proud and they deserve to win it all.

Well damn. I wanted the Eagles to win because of Zach Ertz (married to a 2x world champion). I wanted the Bills to win because my cousin in law is from Buffalo. I am thrilled the Titans won. I am obvi not pleased about the Saints but Drew did that to himself. Horrible game. Good on Kirk Cousins though. Very happy to see a former Washington Football team QB actually not completely destroyed by that damn team.

So here's who I'm rooting for going forward -

Packers to win this next round but then go down to the 49ers
Chiefs same but swap in Ravens
49ers - I want Kirk to have a great game so that the loss can not be blamed on him. But the 49ers deserve to be in the SB this year.
Ravens - LSU alum making cajuns proud and they deserve to win it all.
I'm going to pretend I read all of that except for the part where the Ravens win it all

What did I do? Why are the Ravens yuck-ville to you all?
Art Modell upped and moved the Browns to Baltimore in the 90s where we spent what felt like an eternity without a football team, therefore we shall not speak of his name and forever root against them. The Bills and Steelers were the only two teams to vote against the move.

Art Modell upped and moved the Browns to Baltimore in the 90s where we spent what felt like an eternity without a football team, therefore we shall not speak of his name and forever root against them. The Bills and Steelers were the only two teams to vote against the move.
And I get all that, but I'd love to see Lamar win a ring after everyone was saying hes going to fail as a NFL QB just this past offseason

I'm a Bengals fan. Enough said.
Yes, I know I live in misery.

Ok well honestly, the USWNT Olympic qualifying matches start up at the end of Jan. So I'll be abandoning this sport for that soon enough and will not care one whit who wins it all here.

Is that better? ;)

And I get all that, but I'd love to see Lamar win a ring after everyone was saying hes going to fail as a NFL QB just this past offseason

Even more reasons for me to root against them (Baker was hyped, Lamar was trashed, funny how it ended up) :'(

Ok well honestly, the USWNT Olympic qualifying matches start up at the end of Jan. So I'll be abandoning this sport for that soon enough and will not care one whit who wins it all here.

Is that better? ;)

:p Feels slightly better

I like all the remaining AFC teams. If the Packers don't make it out, I'll cheer for any of them over the remaining NFC teams. Seattle is a great matchup. Both teams have performed way under what their record was this year, and both have found some way to win close games. Also it's fitting as the decade started with a lot of rivalry games between the 2.

Niners!!!! That’s all I got for now. 😀

I was looking forward to that rematch. Sheesh. I'm actually glad the season is over for the Saints if that is how they were going to play. They made me nervous all season, I couldn't just settle in. I contrast that with my feelings about the USWNT and the Nats. Those 2 teams just had something really special that was palpable. They knew they were going to win and they just went out and did their thing. The Saints did not have that. I will say this though: it was quite a remarkable season for them given that Drew was out for 5 games. Lots of records broken. But something just wasn't clicking.

Back