The football thread RenegadeMonster is looking for: NFL talk

I'll tell you one thing, it's going to be really annoying constantly hearing/reading "Fields owns the Packers!" or "Love owns the Bears!" after just 1 game. That statement has gotten so overused.
Another reason to hate Aaron Rodgers.

Though, I am not gonna lie, I found him quite pleasant during Hard Knocks this season. I know he’s savvy enough to play up to the cameras but still. He makes it hard to hate him.

yeaaa depends on Kelce....Juju cant catch everything! I am hoping that leads to Pacheco eating extra too

I forgot Gibbs is in my work/friend league...Tonight it's the Pacheco 2 TD show!!!
Glad I didn’t play Moore. I feel like everyone the prognosticators said was gonna be Mahomes band-aid while Kelce was out (Toney, Moore, Valdez-Scantling) have barely been involved.

“experts” don’t know shit.

I won't proselytize on the eagles front office too much but maybe the best thing they do is extend their guys early before the rest of the league. The Hurts extension sets the market in April and the rest follow at higher rates. This is only possible with an owner that's willing to drop cash and even potentially eat money, as they did with the biggest dead cap hit in league history by trading Wentz.

I won't proselytize on the eagles front office too much but maybe the best thing they do is extend their guys early before the rest of the league. The Hurts extension sets the market in April and the rest follow at higher rates. This is only possible with an owner that's willing to drop cash and even potentially eat money, as they did with the biggest dead cap hit in league history by trading Wentz.
Is Wentz even in the league this year?

No. I don't even remember reading he worked out for teams. Probably just happier to spend the fall hunting than being a backup.
Crazy to leave back up QB money on the table. I think he isn’t the best locker room guy though so maybe it’s for the best and while veteran back up QB money is nice. I am sure he has enough to live a comfortable life without it.

I own Gibbs in my other league but I'm playing against him and @tvham so its a bittersweet situation but im sweating rn as an owner.
Montgomery out-touching in week 1 is not a surprise and may be the case for the first third of the season or so. I like Gibbs but thought his ADP was high considering the other resources used on RB for this roster. You might have to hope for some explosive plays.

Back