The Dark Side; Digital audio equipment recommendations and setup.

I know it’s not a smart app, but my Fiesta played FLACS out of the USB port. Worked for me as I had all of my CDs ripped, but I eventually gave up and moved to Spotify. My Fiesta was an ‘18 model, so probably should still work for you.

Ah yeah I’m sure it will. It’s just a pain having Qobuz and CarPlay and Siri and still having to use the touch screen to pick a song! Spotify and Apple Music both work perfectly in the car that way but then one isn’t hi res and the other is not able to go to a stereo wirelessly hi res.

In some ways it almost feels like you need two steaming services, one for nice at home and one that plays ball with gadgets for on the go and that’s just nuts!

Ah yeah I’m sure it will. It’s just a pain having Qobuz and CarPlay and Siri and still having to use the touch screen to pick a song! Spotify and Apple Music both work perfectly in the car that way but then one isn’t hi res and the other is not able to go to a stereo wirelessly hi res.

In some ways it almost feels like you need two steaming services, one for nice at home and one that plays ball with gadgets for on the go and that’s just nuts!
Yeah, agree. Think I’ll always have Spotify on the go for convenience.

Fuck he got me the black ⚫ one instead of white ⚪ 😕
a4cb2e58-89a9-4e03-b2dd-20d17692c04c.8fa5477f6f841709c3af6dac69c90ceb.jpeg

too soon ?

Ok I'm over it now! The black looks real good with my set up plus this wireless music streamer really kicks ass!!!!

Yeah you have a black amp too don’t you? I seem to remember that from your system pics when you did the upgrades a while back. So it probably marries in quite nicely!

Congrats! Hope you enjoy!

A word of warning with doing firmware upgrades on the Bluesound. My 2i often will get stuck in an upgrade loop. It gets stuck part way through and doing a hard reset would not stop it. I do the manual upgrade with a usb stick now and don't have problems. That said I find the firmware upgrades seem to be more about connecting the BluOS app with the Node and does not give me additional features when using Roon.

Back