The Dark Side; Digital audio equipment recommendations and setup.

Love the NODE thus far but I'm not sold on the BluOS app 🤔
It’s the issue with a lot of the built in OS options on streamers. Not very user friendly. As @jamieanderson1968 said, depending on how you’re using music (are you only streaming or are you also playing downloaded files/ripped music?) Roon may be a good option at some point.

If you’re just using Tidal, you could use Tidal Connect I think and just play straight from Tidal.

And if you don’t want to spend on Roon you can use Spotify and/or tidal direct from the app using the connect options they have. That’s how I’d do it unless you have a pile of files to make Roon worthwhile.
Ok I mostly use Spotify but I can't manage to use it directly from the BluOS app. I have to use the Spotify app and connect it to Bluetooth in order to stream. Surely there must be some sort of workaround...

Ok I mostly use Spotify but I can't manage to use it directly from the BluOS app. I have to use the Spotify app and connect it to Bluetooth in order to stream. Surely there must be some sort of workaround...

The bluesound uses Spotify connect. When you are in the app and hit the speaker button next to the play/pause button it should bring up a list of options one of which should be the bluesound on Spotify connect. Once you pick that at the start of the session it will remember it throughout.

The bluesound uses Spotify connect. When you are in the app and hit the speaker button next to the play/pause button it should bring up a list of options one of which should be the bluesound on Spotify connect. Once you pick that at the start of the session it will remember it throughout.
You're the Man, Man!

How's Spotify on the Node? Also, can you Airplay directly to it with out using BlueOS? Finally, I have a massive digital collection but I never upgrade it to HIFI. It's all pretty much VBR or 320 MP3 or M4A. Does that still sound ok?

Asking because I'm currently using a Sonos Connect and while it plays Spotify connect, it does not do Airplay (and my collection is actually too big to import into the Sonos system). I'll be upgrading this eventually.

(Speakers are probably first though.)

How's Spotify on the Node? Also, can you Airplay directly to it with out using BlueOS? Finally, I have a massive digital collection but I never upgrade it to HIFI. It's all pretty much VBR or 320 MP3 or M4A. Does that still sound ok?

Asking because I'm currently using a Sonos Connect and while it plays Spotify connect, it does not do Airplay (and my collection is actually too big to import into the Sonos system). I'll be upgrading this eventually.

(Speakers are probably first though.)

their website states airplay 2 support. Sonos does support airplay too! Roon uses airplay to send files to my sonos playbase tv speaker…

Do the older Sonos speakers have airplay? I use mine with Roon as well but I have newer Sonos as well as the IKEA ones.

It was on the old Sonos app and is on the current Sonos 1 that the older Sonos products could use because I got my playbase a few years before the new app came out.

Do the older Sonos speakers have airplay? I use mine with Roon as well but I have newer Sonos as well as the IKEA ones.

Sorry my bad. Just did some Googling. Seems there a hardware issue with the connect & connect amp that stops airplay, nothing to do with the software!

So the other part of my question - since I'm mostly using Spotify and files that are not hi-res, is the Node basically too much power for what I'll play on it? I guess Spotify may eventually go hi-res, so there's that. And nothing stops me from slowly converting to hi-res except maybe disk space.

So the other part of my question - since I'm mostly using Spotify and files that are not hi-res, is the Node basically too much power for what I'll play on it? I guess Spotify may eventually go hi-res, so there's that. And nothing stops me from slowly converting to hi-res except maybe disk space.
Not at all. I use the NODE to stream music 🎶 via Spotify and it plays well even if it's not hi-res.

Not at all. I use the NODE to stream music 🎶 via Spotify and it plays well even if it's not hi-res.
Note that hires is a very small percent of audio.. say most there is a decent amount of hires as in 24/44 and 24/48.. even MQA on tidal, which the whole gimmick is that it puts 24/192 into smaller files, a lot of tiles are basically just upsampling 16/44.1 to 16/88 and letting the DAC do a ton of processing.

Focus on the CD quality.. Spotifys ogg files are not perfect and if you have a very detailed system you will notice, but otherwise it's fine if it's FLAC or good end Spotify

Back