The Dark Side; Digital audio equipment recommendations and setup.

What's the full and half setings? Battery🔋life?? 🤔
The top controls are illuminated, there is a single led in the front and also led around the ethernet port in the back. I have mine set to HALF and it does not through off much light at night. FULL definitely lights up the room at night. No pattery, just plugged into the power bar

I have teak pants
PxnQTeS.jpeg

Are you serious? Damn it. I literally just bought a 2i from Crutchfield last week. Had no idea there was a 3rd generation. What did they upgrade?
The new Node retains all the original functionality of the Node 2i with the small addition of the HDMI eARC input. ... Online streaming services, internet radio, and even your own digital music library held on a computer, smartphone, or external drive – it is all integrated into the Node 2i.

No no, I just don't know the specifics of what changed. I have the Node3 it's great.
My phone autocorrected dac to fact. I bought it partly because I figured it's internal dac is better than whatever is iny Onkyo receiver. Sure sounds better to me. But now I'm curious how much better a separate dac could be? How much would I have to spend to notice it?

My phone autocorrected dac to fact. I bought it partly because I figured it's internal dac is better than whatever is iny Onkyo receiver. Sure sounds better to me. But now I'm curious how much better a separate dac could be? How much would I have to spend to notice it?
Well, I'm running an Arcam 550, which is a fairly pricy AVR and when I A-B'd it the BlueSound won. But I think we discussed this earlier on here with actual specifics of the type of DAC. I don't think it would actually be hard to outdo the DAC with an external from what I recall HOWEVER the issue then is you still need the Roon functionality Bluetooth blah blah blah and all the other stuff the Node does aside from just being a DAC.

The new Node retains all the original functionality of the Node 2i with the small addition of the HDMI eARC input. ... Online streaming services, internet radio, and even your own digital music library held on a computer, smartphone, or external drive – it is all integrated into the Node 2i.
Has yours landed yet?

Back