The Cure - all things big, small, and sticky sweet

I think it’s pretty lame that Robert couldn’t make this a gatefold. For that price it should be.
Anyway, my copy arrived today and is the same pressing.

Boo, a scuff at start of side C. Audible too. Guess it’s a good thing my guy accidentally ordered three. Will have to check the others

I have a Brazilian OG and it’s definitely a single sleeve as well.

I couldn’t resist and ended up buying the RSD picture disc, which sounds fine in my system.

I almost bought a RSD copy but put it back. I wouldn’t mind picking it up on discount.

I’ve been reading the Joy Division 33 1/3. I don’t know why it’s such a surprise to me, but it’s really cool that Joy Division and The Cure actually played shows together back in the day.
I normally love Chris Ott's writing -- I really like his podcasts on the Cure -- but this book was so hard for me to get into. Something about the style of the writing was just kind of dry and hard for me to latch on to, and I wound up reading the same page two or three times and immediately forgetting what I'd read.

I normally love Chris Ott's writing -- I really like his podcasts on the Cure -- but this book was so hard for me to get into. Something about the style of the writing was just kind of dry and hard for me to latch on to, and I wound up reading the same page two or three times and immediately forgetting what I'd read.
It was hard for me to get going, but I actually like it. I can see what you are saying though.

Ugh, they are playing my least favorite venue ever (Shoreline) and PS - it's not in SF! It's 35 miles south of SF or three hours when you factor in that stupid parking lot. I got so excited when I read San Francisco in the article thinking it would be Chase Center but nooooo, it had to be Shoreline. Ugh.

Ha. Dos Equis Pavilion, formerly Starplex. The place I could've seen them 30 years ago. My older one is getting into The Cure but I don't know if she's a fan enough of them to attend this. That's the funny thing about this Tik Tok generation. They hit a few songs but never a deep enough dive to want to sit through a concert for songs they may not know but might otherwise enjoy.

I put in for Philly as my first choice, followed by all three MSG's. I NEVER get verified anymore so I'm not expecting to for this.
I haven’t bought tickets for big concerts in ages. What is this weird verification/lottery system? Do people have regular success with it?

I haven’t bought tickets for big concerts in ages. What is this weird verification/lottery system? Do people have regular success with it?
I have regular failure with it, yet all the resellers seem to always get tix that they can then put up for multiple times face value.
I have not been verified for a single show since shows started up again after covid shut down tours.
I was always buying tix pre covid, averaged anywhere from 40-50+ shows a year. It's a scam.
That said, I hope you get verified for any show that you want. That won't guarantee that you are able to buy tix when the sale starts, but at least you would be allowed to try.

Back